The Escherian Stairwell at Rochester Institute of Technology - Too crazy even for CE

I am very fond Escher's works, many featuring impossible physics.
Rochester Institute of technology has constructed an Escherian stairwell that defies comprehension.
Can CEans (civil or uncivil) come up with their comments (any four letter words must be only symbolic)
#-Link-Snipped-#

For suspense haters the explanation can be found if the file is opened. The password is CrazyEngineers (no spaces C and E capitalised)

Replies

• @n@nd
    @n@nd
    how s tat possible?? defnitely not possible unless the floor moves down. which again s not possible ryt?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Please see the explanation in the Escher.doc file attached to the original post. Not too clear though.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    😭

Crossed over my head.. no idea what happened there.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    That is really Crazy ! I am speechless after seeing this video. How can this possible.

Let me check the explanation.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Seems some camera trick !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's an optical illusion, nothing else.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's an optical illusion, nothing else.
    Or may be some twins trick - Some people said so on youtube video comment.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    As the explanation in the attachment implies, it is an attempt to create a myth. When the person climbs the stairs, the filming is interrupted when the person turns the corner. The scene is reset upstairs and the shooting continues.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    A.V.Ramani
    As the explanation in the attachment implies, it is an attempt to create a myth. When the person climbs the stairs, the filming is interrupted when the person turns the corner. The scene is reset upstairs and the shooting continues.
    And what about the last scene when camera moves with him. 😕
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The camera moves slowly. There is a lift. The lift would have been held at the upper floor and as the camera moves down the person goes down the lift and reaches the other floor when the camera reaches that floor.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Industry experts believe that fresher salaries will either remain the same or may even go down in the next few years. It'd expected that freshers would get salaries between Rs....
What is the difference between "Post Graduate Degree Awarding Programme" & "Post Graduate Diploma Awarding Programme" that are offered by CDAC in DESD Field ? Is there a criteria like...
ibibo is said to be in the final stages of acquiring redbus - India's favorite bus ticketing website for a cool sum of Rs. 610 cr. According to the sources...
If you have ever tried to connect a 3.3V device to 5V system, you know how much mindfudge it can be. So, now I am thinking of creating a logic...
Hey! First -> @KaustubhKatdare (@TheBigK) - Thank you so much for creating this experience,it's an amazing platform,it's a PRIVILEGE to be here.I am HAPPY to have discovered this through the...