The discovery of your dream - One wish you want to get fulfilled.

If there was one wish that could be fulfilled—what is that wish you would want to get fulfilled ?
Of course the answer is expected in the stream of engineering 😀

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    How about continuous green power?
  • Vidyut_Vikas
    Vidyut_Vikas
    I am a Solar Plant design Engineer and I would say that it is definitely the best!

😀
  • Vidyut_Vikas
    Vidyut_Vikas
    A.V.Ramani
    How about continuous green power?
    I am a Solar Plant Design Engineer I would definitely call it the best! 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I had worked a bit on solar thermal collection very long back (Sixties). Solar electric hardware is hard on the environment. The lead acid batteries, the panels are all problem areas. Huge lakes in China have been grossly polluted by the factories producing PV panels. Tidal power is far less invasive.
    Solar will go ahead as a green source only when the storage technology and the panels become better. I still have hopes though.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Since it is restricted to engineering:
    Cheap & highly efficient solutions for water and air pollution.
    - Clean drinking water & - Clean air.
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    My wishes would be fulfilled if engineering gift us:
    1. an artificial suit that not only is impenetrable by bullet, it also gives electric shock if it senses any harm to the wearer.
    2. My best mate, a humanoid, who is absolutely like me and become my one and only family except parents and helps me to develop a green world.
    3. A large Carbon-dioxide extractor (COF/MOF) which is placed some where above the earth like satellites and checks the level, extract carbon dioxide accordingly and gives the output as clean fuel.
    4. Experience a teleporter and a warmhole. Time machine!!

From Science:
    1. Discovery of Tachyon
    2. Real truth about our mother, Universe, its history and the illusionist,Time.
    3. Personally I want string theory to be proven.
  • Vidyut_Vikas
    Vidyut_Vikas
    Debasmita Banerjee
    My wishes would be fulfilled if engineering gift us:
    1. an artificial suit that not only is impenetrable by bullet, it also gives electric shock if it senses any harm to the wearer.
    2. My best mate, a humanoid, who is absolutely like me and become my one and only family except parents and helps me to develop a green world.
    3. A large Carbon-dioxide extractor (COF/MOF) which is placed some where above the earth like satellites and checks the level, extract carbon dioxide accordingly and gives the output as clean fuel.
    4. Experience a teleporter and a warmhole. Time machine!!

From Science:
    1. Discovery of Tachyon
    2. Real truth about our mother, Universe, its history and the illusionist,Time.
    3. Personally I want string theory to be proven.
    My experiences are not as wide as yours but I would love the third one and that is something definitely sense making. Indeed a great idea if made possibly technologically. 😀
  • Vidyut_Vikas
    Vidyut_Vikas
    Ankita Katdare
    Since it is restricted to engineering:
    Cheap & highly efficient solutions for water and air pollution.
    - Clean drinking water & - Clean air.
    Specially in mega Indian cities. They soon would prove to be inhabitable!
  • Vidyut_Vikas
    Vidyut_Vikas
    A.V.Ramani
    I had worked a bit on solar thermal collection very long back (Sixties). Solar electric hardware is hard on the environment. The lead acid batteries, the panels are all problem areas. Huge lakes in China have been grossly polluted by the factories producing PV panels. Tidal power is far less invasive.
    Solar will go ahead as a green source only when the storage technology and the panels become better. I still have hopes though.
    You mean to say that the supporters of the Solar power must equip themselves with recycling and excellent recycling ability and only then their endeavor will make sense. And I am rejoiced to have discussion with a veteran. So now you work or retired ?
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Vidyut_Vikas
    If there was one wish that could be fulfilled—what is that wish you would want to get fulfilled ?
    Of course the answer is expected in the stream of engineering 😀
    An Artificial brain, to backup our real brain, so that we can live forever... 😁
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Vidyut_Vikas
    only then their endeavor will make sense
    Not at all. Ford Model T started it all.
    Have a look here:
    Technical Entrepreneurship: Starting Solar Lantern / LED Lighting Business
    and here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I bought a lantern on 28 April 2014 to do some life testing. The lamp, control circuit and the battery have been functioning better than claimed specs continuously. The battery stands deep discharge and continuous overcharge. Of course this is only one watt output lamp, which can be over driven to thrice the brightness. Tesla of US sells a battery pack (Powerwall) for 5KW home power to store solar power. It is claimed to have very long life (Guarantee six years) and just hangs on the wall. Costs a bomb now for India at least. (US$3500 for a 10KWHr pack)
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    More here:
    Tesla Battery Pack: Promises, Promises Or The Real Thing?

Let there be light. Just get on with it.
  • Vidyut_Vikas
    Vidyut_Vikas
    Okay I got that! 😀
  • Vidyut_Vikas
    Vidyut_Vikas
    rahul69
    An Artificial brain, to backup our real brain, so that we can live forever... 😁
    Almost Impossible and redundant from my point of view! But fine 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Vidyut_Vikas
    So now you work or retired ?
    Pushing 77. Still work full time.
  • Vidyut_Vikas
    Vidyut_Vikas
    A.V.Ramani
    Pushing 77. Still work full time.
    Unlike most of the guys of my age(24) I like spending my time having some discussion with veterans,one is my dada ji, so all your life you spent your time with technology and how does it feel to you when you look back ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Vidyut_Vikas
    how does it feel to you when you look back ?
    Since I am still at it, I am more looking ahead.
    Robert Frost said it right:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : All peoples have rights to live life without any Fear and we belong from such democracy where System allows us their Help, Is it really...
Using a new theory that predicts how much light is transmitted through a material, MIT scientists have developed a polymer structure that may be useful in designing cheaper materials for...
Hello everyone. This is nikhil. i'm glad to be part of crazyengineers here. i completed my civil engineering in dec 2014. i got no job till now. I'm from Hyderabad....
Hi all, my name is Alex, I'm an Aerospace Engineer from Italy and I am joining CE since I notices it has a lot of interesting discussion in the forum...
Hi all, I just wanted to share with you few words about CONSELF, an Italian company that operates in the CFD Software world. CONSELF provides a Cloud CFD based on...