The construction of the Bloodhound SSC supersonic vehicle is nearing completion

Quote: Amid the clatter and buzz of power tools and the occasional clang of metal on metal, Bloodhound SSC’s engineering lead for mechanical design, Mark Elvin, rubbed a hand across his scalp and considered the half-built car whose components were piled up around him. “We’ve been very good at being a virtual car for the past six or seven years,” he said. “It’s been necessary, because it’s difficult to attract sponsors to something that doesn’t actually exist yet, so you have to talk about it like it’s real. It’s a little bit strange to think that by the end of July we’ll be rolling out the finished car for the first runway tests at Newquay Airport.” Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Which coaching study material is best for instrumentarion engineering for gate exam??
If your startup / SMB company is looking to sell something online or offline, chances are that you have heard about TIN Number. Here's a short guide for you to...
German car manufacturer, Audi has unveiled a new variant of its sports car- Audi TT in India, today. Priced at Rs 60.34 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the 2015 Audi TT Coupé...
Can I have some DIY project guide for Electronics project? Thanks.
Hi there, I am a student pursuing MCS(Comp Science). I am currently doing my internship from a company. Initially i was hired as an intern in DEVOPS but due to...