The common mistakes which people make in English..!

English has promoted itself to a level that it is considered as a basic neccessity by many people in India. Even though I don't have much praise for the language,I would like to dedicate this thread for CEans to correct several "phrases" which is grammatically incorrect but still being used commonly.
And it is to be understood that English can be learnt any time(don't be disheartened if you make mistakes.๐Ÿ˜€ ). And try to stop using those phrases in common usage.
Well, the two commonly used terms(which caught my eye. ๐Ÿ˜€ ) which turns out to be incorrect are
BTW-By the way. It's incorrect English. Only "By the By" is correct to use.
Cope up-This is a terrible blunder which many make. It's wrong to say "Cope-up" rather use "Cope-with". So CEans please develop this thread so many can correct the small mistakes they make(Which might be embarassing at times. ๐Ÿ˜€ ).

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Text formatting is just as important as grammar. Usage of trails of dots between words to convey thought progress isn't in accord with English grammar rules.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    I'm sorry. "K". ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vinod1993
    I'm sorry. "K". ๐Ÿ˜€
    I hope my post is taken in right spirit. My intention was to bring focus to an aspect often neglected. I hope to see lot of interesting and informative content in this discussion thread.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    The_Big_K
    I hope my post is taken in right spirit. My intention was to bring focus to an aspect often neglected. I hope to see lot of interesting and informative content in this discussion thread.
    It's definitely taken in the right spirit. Infact, I tried formatting my text a bit. Hope to follow the same in the future. Is my formatting better or does it need a bit more blending?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's good now. We aren't English experts here. It's just the basic formatting and grammar that makes us look more professional.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the main idea grammar was formulated is to make ones idea much clear to other.
    You are not a communicator if you fail in this.
    Hope i am right this time.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The other is the WAY WE SPELL. We are using a mixture of AMERICAN and BRITISH ENGLISH in most of our post. It is not right on our part. Let each one stick to one in which he/ she is more familiar with. That will make him/her in home

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

whether Google recruits students on off campus if recruits can anyone tel the details
CAN ANYONE HELP ME BY SUGGESTING A TOPIC FOR MY FINAL YEAR MAJOR PROJECT????? THE TOPIC CAN BE FROM EITHER INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING OR PRODUCTION ENGINEERING??//
I'm reading physics and in the sound properties, I found one thing called "e8m/s", m/s = metre (or meter) per second ๐Ÿ˜€ but what is the "e8" ? During a...
can any one post the source for written test nd some quns for technical interview for Computer Science Department....plz...
Just going through the ideas for project on environment, I came across the 'Solar Bottle Bulb'.๐Ÿ˜’ I just needs a plastic bottle, water and bleach to lighten our rooms for...