The Casual Vacancy - J.K. Rowling's New Novel - Coming September 2012

The new novel for adults by J.K. Rowling is entitled The Casual Vacancy.
And the news has it that it will be released all over the world on 27th September 2012 in English Language.
There have been lots of speculations regarding the story line. And guess what, we finally have it here. 😁

All J.K.R Fans are going to love this -

The Casual Vacancy

When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.
Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.
Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils...Pagford is not what it first seems.
And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?
Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults.

--- So now we atleast know that this new novel is not about the grown up years of Harry Potter (What most of the HP fans were hoping. πŸ˜› )

What do you think guys? Excited?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    No one among the CEans looking forward to JKR's next? 😐
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    I haven't read Harry potter yet but J.K.Rowling is sure an inspiration for many writers and her books are still will be a delight for readers.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Mr.Don
    I haven't read Harry potter yet but J.K.Rowling is sure an inspiration for many writers and her books are still will be a delight for readers.
    Indeed. You should read her work. It is legendary.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    AbraKaDabra
    Indeed. You should read her work. It is legendary.
    I watched her visualization and had become a great fan of harry Potter series (but who will read such a gigantic series of books if we can enjoy visual experience - kidding πŸ˜‰) and will read it for sure after 17th of this month. 😁 and looking at the description that you have provided about her upcoming book. It seems that, this time Rowling had decided to make up a battle between inequalities in the society.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Mr.Don
    (but who will read such a gigantic series of books if we can enjoy visual experience - kidding πŸ˜‰)
    Reading a book and watching a movie based on that same book are very different experiences. The visual experience is only a small part of the experience you get from actually reading the book yourself.
    First of all, when you make a movie based on a book, you cannot possibly show everything in the book. You have a time limit of 1.5 to maximum 2 hrs. The one making the movie has to decide what to include and what to leave. So, reading the book will be a richer and fuller experience, in my opinion.

That said, I have read all the books of the Harry Potter series, and watched all the movies. I like them all, but I'm not such a huge fan. I wouldn't mind reading her new book sometime later, if I find the time.. But I'm not very eager about that book right now..
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    silverscorpion
    Reading a book and watching a movie based on that same book are very different experiences. The visual experience is only a small part of the experience you get from actually reading the book yourself.
    First of all, when you make a movie based on a book, you cannot possibly show everything in the book. You have a time limit of 1.5 to maximum 2 hrs. The one making the movie has to decide what to include and what to leave. So, reading the book will be a richer and fuller experience, in my opinion.

That said, I have read all the books of the Harry Potter series, and watched all the movies. I like them all, but I'm not such a huge fan. I wouldn't mind reading her new book sometime later, if I find the time.. But I'm not very eager about that book right now..
    Thanks SS. πŸ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# and all - Please, leave your views about this book! - interesting! 😁
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Well, am not of Novel guy... Still, after reading the first few paras, I guess am not the right person to continue as the wordings are too advanced... πŸ˜› I have no clue what idyll and abbey mean... BTW, the story is interesting and inducing to read the rest... Lets see... 😁
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I have read all harry potter series books and loved them. I hope this novel would be awesome too...πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Great to see responses in this thread.

Now there is news about Jo Rowling coming with a new book about Harry Potter.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I think, we should rather read realistic novels. Fantasy is a strict no no in real life!

P.S: Thank God, there is no new Potter book now, although her imagination and creativity is superb. Want to read casual vacancy. πŸ˜€
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# and all potter fans what do you say about this? 😨
    [​IMG]
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ Don't dismiss fantasy totally as a useless thing..

Fantasy or realistic, for any novel to be interesting, the plot should be unpredictable.. For that, the characters in that book should be complex and unpredictable too.. Ultimately, most of the novels end up talking about human nature or the human spirit, though the actual base of the story turns out to be something else. You can't talk about human nature in an efficient way unless you take into account how complex it actually is. So, fantasy or realism, we can gauge a book based on the layers and shades of characters in that book.

That is probably why, my most favorite character in the whole Harry Potter series is Severus Snape. He is totally unpredictable and very complex. His actions will have a motive which is not immediately obvious, but will have far reaching consequences going a long way into the story..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    For the same reason, you can also try the Lord of the Rings series.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    #-Link-Snipped-# You finally made me write a story on me 😁

Harry Potter 7-3 : The Fall and Rise of Voldi - Topre Respectively.

Issue had a dream of being dead. In his dream a girl says "You're going to face one of the dangerous fictional characters because of not liking a fictional story." and vanishes.

Suddenly Issue being cursed - feels like being pulled into a void. He opens his eyes and then - sees nothing - everything was white. As he walks forward - he sees a man "The Dark Lord" - turns towards Issue in a glee.

"Where are we?" Issue whispers in terror

Voldemort, "Hell."

"What?" Issue shrieked - "I don't want to be dead" he cried.

"Don't worry kid - here, no one can kill us!" Voldemort says, soothing Issue.

Issue still sobbing with fear while Voldemort was looking at him, soothing and said glaring, "Come on, Why is this Kolaveri D?"

Issue in rage of anger bursts out of his hatred looking at Voldemort, he screams: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# Are we (Voldemort and me) on the same side?😨 Why is Voldemort consoling me?😨😨

#-Link-Snipped-# I guess Pun intended (Homographic Paronomasiaβ˜•)
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Issue
    #-Link-Snipped-# Are we (Voldemort and me) on the same side?😨 Why is Voldemort consoling me?😨😨
    😁 #-Link-Snipped-# So, you're serious about your character. (If - Consult Rowling πŸ˜›)

#-Link-Snipped-# Ya, you're right Issue spelled it wrong hence Voldemort stays alive. 😁
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Harry Potter And The Philosopher%27S StoneHarry Potter And The Philosopher%27S StoneHarry Potter And The Philosopher%27S Stone

#-Link-Snipped-#

This story is interesting. Specially I like the final line. πŸ˜€

I am expecting the continuation of this story. I hope you will post it soonπŸ‘
  • avii
    avii
    Not waiting actually. Was a huge of HP series initially & started hating later.

LOTR FTW anyday !
  • avii
    avii
    Mr.Don
    Like Chetan Bhagat ? 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    AbraKaDabra
    Great to see responses in this thread.

Now there is news about Jo Rowling coming with a new book about Harry Potter.
    This eighth book about Harry Potter is going to be an Encyclopedia of the Harry Potter World. All the tit-bits that Jo wanted to add to her books, but couldn't because of the size limitations will be included in this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm wondering do you all create your own blog? If so, could you please share with me the platform that you established your blog on? I want to establish my...
I wish all the CE-an happy tamil new yearπŸŽ‰
In a 6 digit number, find the possibilities of at least 4 digits are different... It's really needed............
*Engineering Trade:electronics & communication Location: Thrissur *Occupation: Student *Hobbies & Interests: painting,observing sky at night *Aim in life: to be an astrophysicist *I joined Crazy Engineers because :being a part...
Hello...Its Sandeep Barua here. I am a first year Btech. student pursuing mechanical engineering from IIT Bombay, India. My hobbies include reading books,watching movies and catching up with latest gadgets.The...