The Black Marble: The entirety of human civilization, as seen from outer space

A National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration/NASA satellite has captured (literally scintillating) night time images of the earth as seen from their SUOMI weather satellite. It is interesting to see that India (North, Gujerat and a bit of Maharashtra) is quite bright in spite of the country wide power shortage. The downside may be that we are wasting too much power in lighting (advertising?).

The Black Marble: The entirety of human civilization, as seen from outer space | ExtremeTech

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

why there are no induced harmonics in a slip ring rotor????
This term comes into usage whenever an electric motor or generator has to overhauled (dismantled and re-assembled). now what exactly does this mean ? i have heard that, the machine...
Can someone tell me why is transformer efficiency is higher than motor and generator? Transformer efficiency is generally greater than 95%, while that of the motors its ~70%. Both are...
Hello, I was working on optimizing SQLs and tuning some long running queries and was stuck with this. Is it possible to insert data from one table to another in...
Looks like Google's project glass has made many electronics giants across the world rethink their future plans. The latest USPTO filing lists that even Apple's secretly working on wearable gadgets....