The Bird and The Train

The distance between Station Atena and Station Barcena is 78 miles. A train starts from Atena towards Barcena. A bird starts at the same time from Barcena straight towards the moving train. On reaching the train, it instantaneously turns back and returns to Barcena. The bird makes these journeys from Barcena to the train and back to Barcena continuously till the train reaches Barcena. The bird finally returns to Barcena and rests. Calculate the total distance in miles the bird travels when the bird flies at 70 miles per hour and the speed of the train is 60 miles per hour.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Since bird flies till the train reaches barcena,so bird continues to fly till train reaches barcena

so we will calculate total time taken by train to reach barcena ie t=78/60=1.3hrs

now since bird is flying at 70 miles/hr, so total distance travelled by bird=70*1.3=91 miles
  • itchap
    itchap
    Right answer goyal420..😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai friends i am in search of papers based on energy production using waste materials ,vegetable waste etc .i am in need of all the papers regarding this topic pls...
If the Interviewer asks you the below questions, what's your answer? 1. Why are you here? In the sense, Why are you knocking on my door, rather than someone else's...
Better Gmail 2 Better Gmail 2 is a Firefox add-in that lets you customize Gmail, including letting you decide whether and how to show "Blind CCs," what information the sidebar...
The following video will give you a general idea about how to install a Digital Video Security System using a PC. Check out the video: [video=youtube;TB62Z3eR_t0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB62Z3eR_t0[/video]
With WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and 'Wikileaks' itself regularly appearing in news, there is a thought flowing around that, what would happen if a service like wikileaks is operational in...