The Best RDMS

The Best RDBMS

If we read term RDBMS ,then we found many options, that we can use

It may include Mysql, postgre ,oracle, sql server etc.............

At that time it becomes very difficult to choose one

Let us discuss various pros and cons of all these ?
If someone asks me about my choice then i will always say Mysql ?

I will answer reason after getting views of other ceans

Replies

• komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Re: The Best RDBMS

I dont have idea about postgre but out of other three I would prefer mysql.Reasons are performance and it's very easy to use.And there is lot of documentation available on net.
  • Reya
    Reya
    I would always prefer MySQL because

1.It is easy to create a database using MySQL QueryBrowser compared to oracle.

2.It is a open source software and no cost.

3.It takes less time to install compared to other RDMS.

4.It is easy to use and the MySQL is reliable and it is quite fast.

Microsoft SQL Server:

1.It runs only on windows platforms and when you want to run on linux or unix its use is prevented.

Oracle:

1.As far as i noticed it takes much time to install.

2.Takes time to create a database because you need to type here.

PostGreSQL:

1.It runs on all platforms and some of the features in PostGre is complicated to use and it is slow.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my college is going to have techfest on 28th feb. For this event i need sposorship.I m supposed to bring sponsorship of around 3000-5000.our gathering will be medium.My question is-...
Sony Ericsson has many popular phones but the company is still struggling to be the brand of choice of mobile users. Xperia Neo is a phone that aspires to be...
After a request from a cean to share story of a1tolet.com So here it is I ,still remember the days of my training, when we were forced to change our...
There are enough lists of places one should visit in lifetime. I thought of compiling a list of places every engineer should visit. Let me start with places I think...
I had a viva last week and I was asked this question. To put it descriptively, the professor asked me we all know that 8085 is a 8-bit microprocessor and...