CrazyEngineers
  • The patent war is still on and is gaining the heat as it did a few months ago. Well, no one can say if its apple's insecurity that is making them do this again and again or they are really fighting for the cause to be true. Recent news has unfolded a twist in the case wherein Apple has asked a judge to force Google on submitting their documents related to their operating system- Android.
    Apple has accused Samsung of using their developed technologies and infringing on their innovations. The South Korean company seems to be in trouble again with Apple continuing its attack to attain justice.

[​IMG]
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorMay 13, 2013

Samsung's lost to Apple in past and have responded with innovations on the hardware and software front. The Galaxy lineup Samsung's created is at par (or more advanced in hardware) than the parallel generations of the iPhones and iPads.

Lawsuits aren't new - because that's the logical thing to do when you want to drain competitor's money. Apple's sitting on cash piles of $100+ billion and won't mind spending a few to stop their biggest competitor.

I personally don't favor patents. Any company that says they're the 'first ones' to do - are basically lying. At least I'd not trust companies like Apple or Microsoft for their innovation propaganda. These are the companies that stole each other's ideas in the first place and built on the GUI that they stole from Xerox.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberMay 13, 2013

agree on whatever was said above but couldn't understand the following.

Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally don't favor patents.
    ????

-CB
    Cancel
  • AbhinavS

MemberMay 13, 2013

crazyboy
    agree on whatever was said above but couldn't understand the following.

????

-CB
    He meant to say that the companies who are fighting for their Source Codes are the ones who have themselves cheated on some others. So even if they say that a particular technology is their patent, they are lying. So our Good Admin is not in favor of such patents. And yes it is true, even in conferences people showcase their patents which are nothing but an addition to the previous technology. A cup with two handles cannot become a patent. 😛 But people tend to do such things.
    Cancel
  • Sanyam Khurana

MemberMay 13, 2013

I agree, this war would never end, as Android has shown pretty much improvement in the last few years. Today most of the tabs and mobile have Android OS, on the other hand Apple's IOS is continuously loosing it's grip over the market.😯

Moreover now the firefox OS is coming, let's see what happens, who knows even these two files a case of firefox OS for patents.. 😛
    Cancel
  • avii

MemberMay 13, 2013

Kaustubh Katdare
    built on the GUI that they stole from Xerox.
    LOL, no FUD please. Apple paid compensation in exchange with XEROX's GUI.

Xerox was simply sitting on technology for years & no one gave a shit to PARC labs. Steve Jobs/Apple had obtained permission prior to visit. Steve Jobs who quickly recognised the potential in GUI, went ahead with the idea.
    Cancel
  • prahu mac

MemberMay 13, 2013

guys i totally disagree with this!!!!!! because if apple wouldn't have been there i think no body would have saw an iphone nor its greatest inventions done by the iconic leader steve jobs .The company's quarterly sales it self indicate that how good the company has been establishing its hegemony for the past few years and coming to the patent wars i don't think its even an issue because we all saw what happened to the samsung when it filed a law suit against apple and the results were pretty clear that apple has been maintained its foot hold even now!!!!!!!!😀
    Cancel
  • avii

MemberMay 14, 2013

and yeah, if it wasn't Apple, then I would have had some Nokia N150 with 20MP camera with Symbian 9 😛 😁
    Cancel
  • AbhinavS

MemberMay 14, 2013

prahumac
    guys i totally disagree with this!!!!!! because if apple wouldn't have been there i think no body would have saw an iphone nor its greatest inventions done by the iconic leader steve jobs .The company's quarterly sales it self indicate that how good the company has been establishing its hegemony for the past few years and coming to the patent wars i don't think its even an issue because we all saw what happened to the samsung when it filed a law suit against apple and the results were pretty clear that apple has been maintained its foot hold even now!!!!!!!!😀
    Moneypower 😘
    And if not Apple then it would have been Samsung. Apple is just earning on the brand. You may ask the owners of Apple. They are more attracted towards its brand value than the features. The brand plays a big role here. Otherwise apple is a costly affair. Only rich brats are the first ones to run to an Apple Store and but those devices. In Ahmedabad, two inane guys booked Iphone 5 for Rs.1,21,000. I wonder whether they got a phone with wings or what ? 😁
    Cancel
  • Sanyam Khurana

MemberMay 14, 2013

AbhinavS
    Moneypower 😘
    In Ahmedabad, two inane guys booked Iphone 5 for Rs.1,21,000. I wonder whether they got a phone with wings or what ? 😁

Wooh, now they are the Money Heroes...

Got enough money to waste... 😒😁
    Cancel
  • AbhinavS

MemberMay 14, 2013

Sanyam Khurana
    Wooh, now they are the Money Heroes...

Got enough money to waste... 😒😁
    True. 😀
    Cancel
  • Anand Tamariya

MemberMay 15, 2013

avii
    LOL, no FUD please. Apple paid compensation in exchange with XEROX's GUI.

Xerox was simply sitting on technology for years & no one gave a shit to PARC labs. Steve Jobs/Apple had obtained permission prior to visit. Steve Jobs who quickly recognised the potential in GUI, went ahead with the idea.
    Apple paid "compensation" to Xerox but wants "royalties" from Samsung and Google - now that's hypocrisy!!!
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register