The Apple Mess Reminds Us That Steve Jobs Ain't Around, Anymore!

Steve Jobs ain't around. He's gone, forever leaving the company he and his friends built in the hands of the corporate minded, shareholder pleasing people. The post-Jobs Apple isn't the one that he'd have liked; and that's evident from the mess that Apple's creating. With no clear innovation on any of the product lines - be it iPhone or the iPad or the iMacs all Apple's bringing in is multiple colored phones, a smaller iPhone (called Apple Watch) and so on.

Apple launching the iPad Pro was one of the bigger shocks to me; because I think the device is pointless! Steve Jobs did a mega-job of killing the stylus; but the success of the Note series from Samsung proved him wrong. But Steve Jobs would have never approved an iPad with a stylus - and that's for sure! He'd not take back his words "Who needs a stylus?"!

Well, and now what do we get from Apple? iPhone SE! It's a smaller iPhone, because Apple must keep selling more phones in order to keep the share prices and market cap up. Look at the pricing! In India - iPhone 6 is now available for under Rs. 35,000 while the smaller iPhone SE will retail for Rs. 39,000. If you are out in the market to buy a new iPhone - which one would you buy? Isn't it confusing?

Apple keeps confusing users with the new smaller iPad Pro too. Just a few days ago it launched a smaller iPad; totally negating the point of the bigger screen iPad Pro! Why launch a new product line if you could just sell the iPad along with an accessory - the Apple Pencil?

For me, it's going to be a downward journey for Apple and it's already began showing signs. Unless Apple brings in some real innovation; it's NOT going to stay ahead in the game.

What do you think?

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Iphone 6 is less powerful and has a 8MP camera. SE is A9 chip (same as 6s) with a 12 MP camera. Essentially, what they are saying is that the SE is as powerful as the 6s, but for those who like the form factor of 5s. Besides, its cheaper than 6s. May be they are keeping alive the original Apple feel of 5s (which I think is the best looking iPhone) and moving ahead. The 6 series is imo somehow unlike Apple design-wise.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Right said. The executives seem to be under pressure to keep launching new devices to maintain the top-line. Not sure if Apple would keep its fanbase; given Samsung's appearing to win the game. The Gear and the VR are somehow 'winners' in the Sammy's clan and there's no match from Apple yet.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I'm not an Apple fan-boy by any stretch of imagination. However, I will say this - they make damn good phones. I will probably stick with Apple devices for the foreseeable future.

I've used many Samsung & HTC Android phones. They're feature packed - yes - but eventually they become sloooow.😔

With the iPhone this has never been an issue - at least for me. I've installed a ton of apps on it but everything works without any lag.

With my previous Android phone things got so bad that at one point it used to hang even while answering phones. That's the basic function of a mobile - the ability to make & receive calls!! 😡 This was after removing all but a few essential apps.

Apple may not be coming out with ground breaking tech but they have tech that works like its supposed to! 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Curious to know which Android phone did you use?
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    The last 2 were Galaxy Grand Duos (1st one) and the S4 (their "flagship" at one point).

To be fair, formatting the phones did speed them up. But it is inconvenient to keep formatting phones every few months.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I also used Micromax Canvas and HTC Desire before switching (recently to iPhone 6). I must say, as Aashish correctly pointed out, both my Android phones were painstakingly slow by the end, to the point that I had to prematurely shift (here you have 2 year contracts with phones) to a new phone. iPhone does less stuff (compared to an android phone perhaps), but does what its supposed to, consistently.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Iphone SE is sold out in Apple stores. Obviously we don't know if the number of pieces produces were so less or the demand for smaller phones is so high- nevertheless it does make a point that there is demand for smaller phones.
    May be in near future other might as well introduce smaller phones.

I do agree with Shashank and Ashish here, after owing non Apple products including a DELL XPS - the motherboard of which failed on second day of purchase and I got MB replaced atleast 3 times in 5 yrs of usage, Macbook has been a smooth journey last 3 years. I don't see it going down anytime soon,

I did owe few android phones earlier (HTC and LG) before I moved to iPhone 6 . I still don't have complaints about it. Its been 1.5 yrs now and it runs smooth. Does not discharge quickly/ nor heats up or hangs nor causes me any trouble. I think I found the products that will stick to for few more years. Unless Apple manufactures something very terrible- I am confident I will be content .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Born and brought up in Kerala in a family that runs educational institutions, Sandeep Nambiar grew up in an environment where education was given a lot of importance. After completing...
Project Abstract / Summary : To protect outsourced data in cloud storage against corruptions, adding fault tolerance to cloud storage together with data integrity checking and failure reparation becomes critical....
Project Abstract / Summary : Modern large wind farms are required to provide frequency regulation service like conventional synchronous generation units. The frequency support capability of modern wind farms has...
Project Abstract / Summary : Basically it is a web portal, which can help you to automate your home over the web using this portal. You can even control your...
VoIP aka Voice Over IP calls are all set to become legal in India. The Government of India is planning to offer VoIP services all over India, which means you...