Testing Rectangular Box Profile

Hello everyone, i need help on a subject. I have to test a 30x50 2mm thick rectangular box profile in terms of bending. What procedures should i follow? My lecturer told me that i have to find ASTM standards for box profiles first, but i couldn't find that. Can you help me on the procedure?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The requirement is not very clear. Are all dimensions in mm? If it is a box one dimension is missing. Or is it a hollow rectangular section (30 x 50 mm) extruded beam? How is it bent/
  • mechacan
    mechacan
    Yes all dimensions are in mm, its length is 200mm. It is hollow, its thickness is 2 mm. Similar with the profiles in here #-Link-Snipped-#

We need bending along its long side
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    For academic info use Google Scholar search.
    Please see here:
    Google Scholar

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The LED bulbs are fast replacing the incandescent and the CFLs across households and corporate offices around the world because they consume lesser energy and last for years. There are...
Chinese engineers seem to be getting their new mega-project ideas from Isaac Asimov's books. According to ET, China is planning to build a mega solar power station at an altitude...
There were a lot of rumors about the much anticipated HTC One E9 but the Taiwanese mobile manufacturer has quietly listed the One E9+ on its China website. Even after...
LG has introduced its new smartphones- LG Spirit, LG Leon, LG Joy and LG Magna in February, 2015. And, these four smartphones were recently showcased at MWC 2015, earlier this...
When they say, "Hey, there's an app for that!", these days they are almost always right. Here is a new free to download Android app from HealthSaverz to remind you...