Tesla Powerbank India - Price & availability?

I came to know about Tesla Powerbank and tried searching Amazon and Flipkart. It looks like the powerbank has yet to be made available in India. The official website mentions that the powerbank can charge Android or iPhones on the go.

The powerbank itself is a tiny package with 18650 cell 3350 mAh battery with 5V/1.5A max output. I, however doubt it's going to be a better buy than the existing powerbanks available in the market for much cheaper.

tesla-powerbank-india-price

Would you be willing to spend ~Rs. 3000 on Tesla Powerbank? Let me know below through comments.

Replies

• Eng.asish kumar
    Eng.asish kumar
    yes sure i have odered this power bank through amazon.it is high capacity power bank and i read positive feedback and reviews in amazon.
  • Amit Jha
    Amit Jha
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sir - The answer to your question will be no different than the answer to the question - Why people buy iphones in India?

I guess there is a very poor co-ordination between the assigned price and the technology which is being offered. Buyers mostly care about the brand and the social value that the product brings with it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's mostly the brand. I've found out that branding actually creates wonders. Tesla, however seems to be a step ahead in battery technology. I found this video on the Internet, but not sure if it's authentic. Check it out:
  • Amit Jha
    Amit Jha
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sir - It is hard to digest that the Tesla's power bank batteries will reflect the same behavior as that of the one used in their automobile vehicle's batteries. The video talks about the charging and discharging of the lithium-ion batteries and its degradation if not used on a yearly basis. I don't think the behavior stays linear at all. Even with the most efficient batteries we have, I have never seen a linear rate of charging and degradation.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many times these type of self-evaluating questions become problematic in an interview and you almost lose your nerve in thinking what you will say that would make them feel you...
The Banglore based start-up company called Wifi Dabba has taken the data-selling business to a next level. Thinking out of the box, the company has already built a wide customer...
Medtech career experts offer advice on landing a job, advancing your career, and increasing your earning power. 10 Tips to Boost Your Medtech Career
Wishing an incredible CEan a very happy birthday! @Manish Goyal Have a rocking year ahead 🎉
Uber is betting on self-driving cars by inking the deal with Volvo to deliver 24000 XC90 SUVs, making it the biggest deal in the autonomous cars industry. The updated premium...