tensegrity for flying shoring?

I'm trying to work out the structural solution to a university project (in architecture). Basically, I require flying shoring between walls of a very very large trench (14m deep ~10m across, about 80m long). The problem is that the walls of the trench are non-parallel in plan, and undulate along the length of the trench. Firstly am I right to assume that flying shoring needs to be exactly perpendicular to the wall of the excavation? If so, then could tensegrity structure be used to ensure perpendicular compression members to all walls and tension cables connecting all the loose ends? If not then what? Pinning back into the soil unfortunately is not an option for archaeological reasons. Any precedents I could look at for permanent / semi-permanent flying shoring?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Replies

• floatingbones
    floatingbones
    I recommend asking your question on the geodesic archives: a listserv at #-Link-Snipped-# . There are some good experts on tensegrity there, and a fair number of dome-builders. Good luck.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Swedish researchers have tested an electric wheelchair that can sense its environment and transmit information to visually impaired users. Read more: 'Sighted wheelchair' uses laser scanner to map surroundings |...
Computers that mimic the human brain in the way they process data have moved a step closer to reality thanks to new research from the US. Read more: 'Memristor' could...
A simpler way to predict bolt preload Generalized torque coefficients and a universal torque table give engineers an easier path to accurate bolt preloading. A simpler way to predict bolt...
please suggest a good book for data structures using c
This is a short clip on how to create offset alignments in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011. [video=youtube;V2W-MhIpcns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2W-MhIpcns&feature=BFa&list=ULA6SlP4HwrjE&index=12[/video]