Temperature shift shrinking Siachen glacier

Couple of days back, I have posted a thread "arrival of mini ice age", and we had discussion that the temparature of earth is going in upward or downward direction?

In continution to that today only I was reading an interesting article for Siachen Glacier, thought of sharing the same with you all s

The Siachen glacier has undergone a shift in temperatures over two decades.

A study has shown that the glacier has warmed between 1° and 1.5° Celsius at its ablation zone - where the ice melts - and cooled by about 0.5° to 1° Celsius in its accumulation zone - where it bulks up ice.
It was also found that the accumulation zone was shrinking and the ablation zone was expanding....

Ref: #-Link-Snipped-#

-CB

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Recently I received an e-mail from one of my friend stating a few facts about the vastly discussed movie '3 idiots', these are a few facts we have not noticed...
Source: Official Google Blog: A new approach to China It looks like the cyber war is taking new shape. Google recently published news (see above link) that Chinese hackers attacked...
One of the big name in world Airline industry is JAL (Japan Airline limited), and they are thinking of filing bankruptcy as soon as early next week. News excerpt taken...
Finally, CrazyEngineers' crossed 100,000 posts. I guess we all should now look forward to crossing 200,000 posts in next 4 months. What say you?
Its an urgent requirement for an mini project based on microcontroller for T.E