Tell us about your project disasters

There are many threads that speak in positive terms about ideas for projects. But there must also be people who know how project disasters happen. Can those people tell us about these disasters?

What ideas were too complicated? Which projects involved equipment that was too expensive? Who lost their health or sanity trying to finish a project?

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    The biggest disaster to hit my project was, my project guide!! Yes, believe it or not. He kept changing our design till the last minute. Things were so bad that I was out getting the parts (that we had manufactured) modified about 15 min before the presentation was supposed to start.

There were other blunders as well, but it'll take a lot of effort to type!! Here's one more. My guide got these motors for our project (modular redundant manipulator). The motors were from Singer. They'd been imported. There was just one little problem, no datasheet!! We couldn't even find it online!! so in the end, the motors were for show only, and we spent some 10k on the motors alone!!
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    Mine was something very silly and simple. I used a low value resistor in one of my circuits and understandably the resistor heated up, turned black, let off smoke and consequently blew the safety switch, which turned off my entire bench. I did that not only once but twice. Really my advice to myself and fellow CEans, read the values correctly, always double check your equipment if in doubt be sure to ask someone else and most importantly pay attention when in labs. It will save you a lot of embarassment :$

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A UFO sighting claim has once again been made in the UK, with a mystery object now being photographed hovering above a magnificent stately home in Hertfordshire. The picture of...
PLS GUYS HELP ME GUYS I M 2009 PASS OUT B TECH IN COMPUTER SCIENCE I DON'T HAV JOB:sad: I DON'T HAV ANY FUTURE😔 I DON'T HAV HOPE😔 WHEN I...
So what does everyone think of the upcoming merger with Microsoft acquiring Yahoo? Is it good? Will they be successful at taking on Google?
Hello everyone, I am a computer engineer and kinda venturing out to work on a different project. I am attempting to build a lift that raises a platform when someone...
Can Anyone Explain This function ? int getkey() { union REGS i,o; while(!kbhit()) ; i.h.ah=0; int86(22,&i,&o); return(o.h.ah); } also what is h & ah in this function ?