Television: Tracking Viewers

I read somewhere that it is possible for a television station to track which viewers are watching their channel at a particular time, by using some technology called "finger printing technology".

Is that possible?

I thought that was only possible if you installed a special meter in your house which allowed companies like Nielson to track your viewing habits.

Does anyone have more information about this?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Decimal: Before we move further, please update your engineering discipline in your profile settings.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​ We'll be honest, we're always on the lookout for faster and better ways to annoy our Twitter followers with hopelessly mundane status updates, and this brain-control interface from the...
Sun started with simple philosophy: Sharing is good!!​ Today, Java is shared by 4,500,000 developers and found in hundreds of millions of products – everything from cell phones, PC’s and...
Any pointers for Symbian-C++ programming crash course in gurgaon/ Delhi (India)??? ++thanX prashant.soni [at] gmail [dot] com
😕 ​hello, i'm in IT technology / telecommunication and computer networking department .i have to make my graduation project and i don't have a clue wat to do , i...
hi how do i connect to a mysql database from visual studio 2008? i'm not able to create an odbc data source either, as there is no driver installed for...