Telegram service is being stopped in India. Have anyone used it?

Did anyone here used a Telegram service to send messages? At least not me😒
It is going to scraped by government by 15 July, 2013. Link Last post at telegraph office - The Hindu

[​IMG]

I am not sure but looks like, you need to give message to Telegraph office and they will print it and send it to address.
I heard of this service but never used it.

Even, currently I am using Indian Post only to send goods and received last personal message post/Post-card in 2010😀.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I remember my parent's telling me that they used telegram to notify mu father that I was born

Other than that no personal experience of using telegram

Happy to see loads of innovation But still its sad to see an age old tech die away
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I've not seen a Teleprinter, but I do happen to own an antique Typewriter which was owned by my Grandfather. Now i can just keep it clean and hope that someone someday will give a good price for it. 👍. Soon our traditional Floppy Disk will also join in with it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Typewriters are also vanishing day by day..
    Now only Govt. offices uses it. and soon digital printer will take over it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many of us might have seen the India-Pakistan match few days ago. Just after the first over Micromax revealed their latest flagship - "Canvas 4".Mind you, the timing of the...
Hello Friends, I am looking for some QR code generator where I can choose my own custom fields. I know many websites provides some fix format for QR Code like...
We all know that we are prohibited from using mobile in aeroplanes right Then how is it that we are allowed to use pocket internet like data cards and stuff...
i am looking to install a solar panels on the roof of my house. i live in Delhi and have around 60 yards space on my roof . I want...
Hello Friends You might have seen on facebook, some one posting this message copy paste this square and see what appears , see attached I was wondering what is the...