TElecom or Plc/scada after btech ECE?

Hi , My name is Vishnu.And iam presently in the final yr of my Btech ECE.I am interested in entering Telecom sector.But what sort of job will i face in this sector?I am not interested in Software field and any programming jobs but my friend told me its better to learn Linux and Oracle in order to enter Telecom Setor.Is it true?Iam presently confused between Telecom and Plc . What sort of job will i get if i take a diploma in mobile/wireless communication? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    In telecom sector as a fresher you may get job as a telecom engineer/network maintenance/monitoring engineer/executive engineer/GET. These position titles and job description varies as per the company requirement. Yes, learning Linux and Oracle before entering to the field helps you in doing your job efficiently.
  • THEPUNISHER
    THEPUNISHER
    thanks... how would be the growth in telecom sector?through what way i can enter companies like huawei and ericsson?
  • THEPUNISHER
    THEPUNISHER
    thanks... how would be the growth in telecom sector?through what way i can enter companies like huawei and ericsson?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Again, telecom sector can be geenralised inot serivce based and product based.
    Service based industry includes your ISPs a.ka. BSNL, Airtel so on...In such companies the roles would be network desing and planning roles, enhancement roles, network operations roles,feild jobs and other non-telecom IT related roles.
    and you have your product based industry like cisco , erricson, huawie which manufatucre hardware equipements such as MUXes, DSLAMs etc. You have chip desgining roles, again support and maintance roles and IT roles as well.

Best way to find what are relevant skills needed for such jobs , is by openeing a job poral and searching vacancies for each company. The requirements would give a generic idea of what they would be expecting form candidates

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai frnds.... I want to do a paper in the above topic.... pls help me.....
CAT 2011 has concluded and results are soon to be announced. Follow this section for the updates on CAT 2011 happenings. I'm aware that a lot of CEans have taken...
CAT 2011 Exam results are expected to be out on January 11, 2011 i.e. tomorrow. Last year around 1,85,000 students appeared for CAT from various cities across India like New...
Every year, the CATIIM website makes sure that the test takers have the worst experience in the world in checking the results. The history repeats every year and lot of...
CAT aka the Common Admissions Test is probably one of the world's toughest entrance tests for aspiring managers. With the CAT 2011 results to be out on iimcat.in in the...