Telecom Industry Booming with VoIP or NOT?

Telecom field all over the world is ever changing with the advent of VoIP Communication. What are the chances of growth for this particular industry? Will it remove the already existing mode of communication? Will the rates be reduced for calls in the near future?Does social networking influence the need for a telecommunication revamp?

Discuss people!!!

😀

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That is a good topic. 👍

VoIP has some overhead requirements. Your network connection must be fairly quick (100Kbps up should do) and latency must be low (preferably in the double-digits). VoIP is also somewhat resource intensive on the client: you’ve got to have enough processing power to put all those bits back together properly on each end of the call.
    I've seen people argue that carriers have already embraced video calls over their network, since you can do Skype, Google+ Hangouts, and others. However, these are all running on the traditional, un-throttled data network.

I've read about VoLTE and that could be a better way to operate than VoIP. Could anyone discuss that too? Here's some information about it : #-Link-Snipped-#

The developments in the VoIP industry are just as rapid as they've been in the PC world. Everyday something new is coming out. With advancements in WiFi/WiMax technology, we are getting closer to the " wireless VoIP phones".
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What I believe is that that the technology that brings down the costs of communication will have a better chance of adoption. Skype's done it - making it tad cheap to call any-damn-place on the planet for just a few rupees. I remember in the early days of CE when I had to contact our web host I'd make a direct telephone call - costing me hundreds of rupees for a conversation. But then Skype arrived and the costs went down to just a few rupees for several minutes of conversation.

My opinion is that the telecom industry will evolve with the arrival of VoIP. I also think that it's just matter of time that VoIP will become mainstream telecommunication. I mean, there's no reason we should resist it!
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Well, it is going to be similar to the advent of mobile phones, which almost replaced the traditional ones and it is actually happening. The reduction in number of users in leading mobile operators was in news earlier and who knows👀 maybe VoIP is moving on to take its place😲
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    The_Big_K
    What I believe is that that the technology that brings down the costs of communication will have a better chance of adoption. Skype's done it - making it tad cheap to call any-damn-place on the planet for just a few rupees. I remember in the early days of CE when I had to contact our web host I'd make a direct telephone call - costing me hundreds of rupees for a conversation. But then Skype arrived and the costs went down to just a few rupees for several minutes of conversation.

My opinion is that the telecom industry will evolve with the arrival of VoIP. I also think that it's just matter of time that VoIP will become mainstream telecommunication. I mean, there's no reason we should resist it!
    Just letting you know, I work in that field 😀

#-Link-Snipped-#: That was very informative!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Traditional VAS is coming to end..
    People are migrating from spending on sms, songs/radio services to Data packages.
    VoIP definitely has scope for new services, Telecom companies should come with new Ideas....
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    With the upcoming trend of Viber and Skype calls, and even Watsapp competing for a spot, what do you think will be the future of VoIP industry? Should traditional PSTNs take caution?☕

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here we have IBM expert Jeff Jonas explaining about - When can a piece of data provide information that matters? He talks about why it involves taking each transaction, deciding...
So the current trend is to go digital and everything's going digital. The 'paper' is rapidly vanishing from our lives. The good old personal telephone diary has been replaced by...
The US presidential elections are just a few hours away. While those among us who're US citizens will actually vote; I was just thinking if CEans were to vote for...
In designing seismic analysis or windload: What are the effect of slab opening? and how would be this model in structure in order the diaphragm cannot be affected and still...