Technology difference between FPR 3D TV & SG 3D TV:

FPR (Film-Type Patterned retarder) 3D;

• Lightweight 3D glasses without power batteries, comfortable to use for long time.
  • No image flickering occur since, no dizziness or no eye fatigue.
  • Bright 3D images with wide viewing angle.
  • High refresh-rate up to 240 Hz/sec.
  • Image without overlapping, hence no crosstalk happen.
  • 2D to 3D content conversation.

The best part of LGโ€™s FPR 3D TV is their lightweight & affordable 3D glasses and 2D to 3D conversation. The 3D conversation option allow 3D TV user to enjoy their usual programs in 3D without having the actual 3D content.

SG (Shutter Glass) 3D;

• Electric batteries attached there on SG glasses, due to which SG glasses were heavy & uncomfortable as compare to FPR 3D glasses.
  • Image flicker arise as one glass was always closed in SG 3d glasses.
  • Dark 3D images because of traditional 3d tech.
  • Low refresh-rate only 60 Hz/sec.
  • Image overlapping generally occurs due to the SG glasses
  • No 2D to 3D conversation there in SG 3D TV.

So these are some major advantage of FPR 3D TV & some disadvantages of SG 3D TV....!

Replies

• Janasheen
    Janasheen
    Nice differentiation.......but does, referesh rate really affect on the 3D tv performance....?
  • naman12d
    naman12d
    2d to 3d conversation is just a crap it cant be possible at any cost.
  • nikhilnabhoj
    nikhilnabhoj
    Janasheen
    Nice differentiation.......but does, referesh rate really affect on the 3D tv performance....?
    I think yes...!
  • namishnandi
    namishnandi
    Janasheen
    I don't think so, since performance of 3D TV is totally based on its technology not on its refresh-rate.
  • Akram Shah
    Akram Shah
    naman12d
    2d to 3d conversation is just a crap it cant be possible at any cost.
    Before April 26 it was just a crap really! But since, LG launched its FPR 3D TV in India so, that crap is not a crap anymore, LG promised to their consumers that with advanced 2D to 3D conversation feature in FPR 3D TV, you don't need to worry about availability of 3D content as it automatically convert your normal 2D content into 3D.
  • myselfkhan
    myselfkhan
    Janasheen
    Yes, refresh-rate affect a lot on 3D TV performance, because if a TV is not performing at a fast speed, so the viewers will start irritating as 3D in slow is not acceptable at any cost. Although 3D TV is too expensive & after spending a huge amount on 3d tv, person still not getting fast response speed then its of no use.

So in order to enjoy the better 3D affect, person should choose the tv which provides the high refresh-rate.
  • Faiz Bilgiramy
    Faiz Bilgiramy
    namishnandi
    I don't think so, since performance of 3D TV is totally based on its technology not on its refresh-rate.
    Well, buddy refresh-rate is again the part of technology as Khan mention in its thread that in SG refresh-rate is only 60 Hz/sec, but FPR has a High refresh-rate up to 240 Hz/sec.
    So i believe that referesh rate vary with tech differences.
    Although, you right that tech plays a big role in performance of 3d tv, but again refersh-rate is the part of tech, so it's also matters a lot....!
  • namishnandi
    namishnandi
    Does SG manufacturer still uses the power batteries in their SG 3D glasses....?
  • nikhilnabhoj
    nikhilnabhoj
    namishnandi
    Yes, they can't change
  • namishnandi
    namishnandi
    I am perplexed whether FPR 3D glasses is well-suited with SG 3d TV or not.๐Ÿ˜•..?
  • awesome!
    awesome!
    I don't think so, because LG's FPR 3D technology is totally different from SG 3D tech.

But if someone knows about it then share it here plz...๐Ÿ˜!
  • namishnandi
    namishnandi
    That's means SG user can't experience FPR 3d glasses with their SG 3D TV๐Ÿ˜”...untill they change their TV set.
  • awesome!
    awesome!
    namishnandi
    That's means SG user can't experience FPR 3d glasses with their SG 3D TV๐Ÿ˜”...untill they change their TV set.
    My best answer is yes...since it's a matter of tech change.
  • myselfkhan
    myselfkhan
    namishnandi
    Yeah they can't experience fpr 3d glasses in sg 3d tv..

the fact behind is, in SG a film is attached on 3d glasses only,
    whereas in fpr a film is attached to 3d glasses or on screen also..!!!

So because of this difference fpr glasses is not compatible with sg 3d tv.
  • asheoranpink
    asheoranpink
    < links snipped by admin>
  • namishnandi
    namishnandi
    So friends, does anyone knows that SG 3D TV manufacturers are planning to adopt FPR tech or not ???
  • awesome!
    awesome!
    asheoranpink
    < links snipped by admin>
    Hey!
    What does it means?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    awesome!
    Hey!
    What does it means?
    It meas that guy has posted some advertisement link which is not allowed so admin removed that links. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • awesome!
    awesome!
    godfather
    It meas that guy has posted some advertisement link which is not allowed so admin removed that links. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Ok!
    Thanks a ton.
  • blue.black
    blue.black
    Is FPR technology really a matter of concern for those using SG Technology?
  • Akram Shah
    Akram Shah
    blue.black
    Is FPR technology really a matter of concern for those using SG Technology?
    Yep! Definitely as (Film-Type Patterned Retarder) FPR is a tech which has very light weight & affordable 3d glasses,
    produces flicker-free images, 2d-3d conversation etc.
    where as in (Shutter Glass) SG tech, we have a 3d glasses which consists a power battery that makes them heavy as compare to the fpr 3d glass/

Although SG 3d tech has its own working principal but different with FPR.
  • blue.black
    blue.black
    Akram Shah
    Yep! Definitely as (Film-Type Patterned Retarder) FPR is a tech which has very light weight & affordable 3d glasses,
    produces flicker-free images, 2d-3d conversation etc.
    where as in (Shutter Glass) SG tech, we have a 3d glasses which consists a power battery that makes them heavy as compare to the fpr 3d glass/

Although SG 3d tech has its own working principal but different with FPR.
    Thanks Akram..

I have one more query running in my mind...although you just told me that 3D Glasses in FPR is affordable but is this whole system of FPR is less costlier than SG 3D Tech?
  • blue.black
    blue.black
    choprak77
    Yes, i think it is, as it's already discussed above that the two technologies are totally different.
    So the advanced features of FPR 3D technology will be missed by the SG 3d tv users.
    Hmmm...Okey !

Thanks a lot.
  • Akram Shah
    Akram Shah
    blue.black
    Thanks Akram..

I have one more query running in my mind...although you just told me that 3D Glasses in FPR is affordable but is this whole system of FPR is less costlier than SG 3D Tech?
    No not at all 3d glasses are affordable as to compare to SG because power battery is not there in FPR 3d glasses.
    but whole FPR 3d tv set is expensive as compare to SG 3D TVs because of technology difference.
    As FPR 3d tech is vast than SG, its technically sound more than SG. That's why FPR 3D TV's expensive than SG 3D TVs.....
  • blue.black
    blue.black
    Akram Shah
    No not at all 3d glasses are affordable as to compare to SG because power battery is not there in FPR 3d glasses.
    but whole FPR 3d tv set is expensive as compare to SG 3D TVs because of technology difference.
    As FPR 3d tech is vast than SG, its technically sound more than SG. That's why FPR 3D TV's expensive than SG 3D TVs.....
    Okey..

That means FPR Tech is costlier and expensive than the SG 3D TVs..
  • obey_almighty
    obey_almighty
    blue.black
    Okey..

That means FPR Tech is costlier and expensive than the SG 3D TVs..
    Yeah..!

FPR tech is more costlier than the SG 3D TV but it's not that importnat because FPR is having true good features than SG.
  • Anshul Kumar
    Anshul Kumar
    Nodoubt FPR tech is better than SG tech because of its commendable features and easy to use applications.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • bob_jonny
    bob_jonny
    i think such a high refresh rate ( 240 Hz ) is required for games only, for movies 60/120 Hz is sufficient isn't it? what do u think guys?
  • gaurav kaus
    gaurav kaus
    nikhilnabhoj
    Yes, they can't change
    So are SG 3DTV technology's manufacturer's are doing anything to enhance their technology??
  • vishan karjee
    vishan karjee
    myselfkhan
    Yes, refresh-rate affect a lot on 3D TV performance, because if a TV is not performing at a fast speed, so the viewers will start irritating as 3D in slow is not acceptable at any cost. Although 3D TV is too expensive & after spending a huge amount on 3d tv, person still not getting fast response speed then its of no use.

So in order to enjoy the better 3D affect, person should choose the tv which provides the high refresh-rate.
    Ya i do to agree on the fact that refresh rate affect the performance.

We cannot sit whole day to watch one action to happen.
    Action rate is therefore another important as well as advantages of FPR 3DTV
  • abhishekjainajk
    abhishekjainajk
    namishnandi
    Yes they do. But now they are planning on shifting to fpr soon
  • Akram Shah
    Akram Shah
    bob_jonny
    i think such a high refresh rate ( 240 Hz ) is required for games only, for movies 60/120 Hz is sufficient isn't it? what do u think guys?
    You are right but, 240 Hz is also required for action movies, animation movies etc....
    as referesh rate provide us fast response speed which help us to watch our programe without any delay or without image overlapping.
    so high referesh rate matters a lot in tv performance....!!!
  • blue.black
    blue.black
    vishan karjee
    Ya i do to agree on the fact that refresh rate affect the performance.

We cannot sit whole day to watch one action to happen.
    Action rate is therefore another important as well as advantages of FPR 3DTV
    I agree with you Vishan Karjee...because when we sit to watch a movie or play a game, we have a specified period of time to spend on it..

Not just this..Slow performance makes the interest of the viewer go dull...

And Hi-Refresh Rate also gives more clarity to the view...

Thus Hi-Refresh Rate is important..
  • ankurr89
    ankurr89
    gaurav kaus
    So are SG 3DTV technology's manufacturer's are doing anything to enhance their technology??
    I am not sure that SG technology's manufacturer's are doing anythin to enhance their technology,
    But FPR have become so popular and favorite among the manufacturer's and user's as well.
    FPR also has superior qualities and services which has got great response.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want electrical engineering mini project ideas. The idea should be easy to understand and execute.
Hello Ceans we came back with an Awesome interview with one of our CE โ€“ Maniac. She is CEan - freak16, a 3rd year Crazy Electrical Engineer joined us around...
๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• Hi, I have confusion of representation of relationships in database schema suppose A ir private owner who owns B property for rent are tables as shown below Table- PrivateOwner...
Hello friends, Why don't we post some funny mobile messages that we receive every day? We all can enjoy by reading them What say people?
Hello friends, I always wanted to write something about this on forum. The topic chosen by me this time is Engine valve timing diagram. Now what is it exactly? Let...