Technology as it then was - 1956 Archival pictures

Quote:
In 1956, the centenary issue of The Engineer sought to undertake pictorially ‘the difficult task of contemplating the whole art and science of engineering’ as practised in its own day.
The introduction to this beautiful selection of illustrations stated: ‘The selection is necessarily inadequate. So vast is the scale of engineering endeavour that were every page of this Number given over to such illustrations an incomplete conception would still be conveyed of the work undertaken by engineers.’
This picture gallery offers a small selection of the pictures in the presentation.
Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It can help messaging other people who are online.
DOE Fundamentals Handbook Volume 1. Download Link below. Get it right now. I downloaded it from the torrent and make it available for download for everyone.
Learn C by example in just 5 hours.C tutorial on-line.
INSYS Aero and RoderPrazision has signed a deal to design and manufacture future generation UAV systems. What can be new in it? Read more INSYS Aero And RoderPrazision To Developed...
help!!! Friends I want to do my Main project on Cloud computing, I need your ideas and suggestions about it.No need of code simply give your valuable ideas awaiting for...