Technologies about to die..

According to a recent post by Silicon India, some of the technologies we have enjoyed and used since a long period of time are on the verge of getting exhausted or extinct. Agreed they are no animal species but a daily up gradation and advancement in the lifestyle of the people has forced the companies and the techno techs to cogitate and bring in some new technology at their door steps. Every technology being upgraded will surely result in the death of some other technology. The desktop computers which were looked upon as an asset are now getting replaced rapidly by the tablets and highly advanced cellphones. The simple calling and messaging functions of a phone are now considered secondary as compared to the features and abilities these phones provide to the users.
The list by Silicon India is not much surprising and we all will agree with their facts. The only thing we need to decide is which technology we want to save and live with. Here are those 5 technologies which are soon going to vanish:-
1.Windows OS:Yes. Each and everyone of you must have gone through a series of operating system changes offered by windows over the last two decades. Well,windows itself has replaced their old user interface with the Metro tile based UI which is quite evident in Windows 8. The operating system is soon going to vanish and ultimately will come up with a new operating system till the time we have kids.
[​IMG]

2.Hard Drives: Next up in the list is the rotating magnetic storage used till date in all the computers. The hard drives are soon going to get replaced by Solid State Disks and these SSD's are going to take over the tech world in the same way as cell phones did.
[​IMG]
3.Movie Theaters:The idiot box has undergone a huge amount of transformation and finally ended with the appearance of Movie Theaters on this list. The move theaters are going to face vacant seats and evacuated ticket counters. With the introduction of home theaters, on demand movies and HD LED LCD televisions sets, families are considering being at home and watching movies a better and comfortable option.
[​IMG]
4.Remote Control and Mouse:Smartphones controlling television sets is a rare scene today but soon going to catch up pace. Moreover it is quite a reasonable affair to incorporate a capacitive touch screen on the laptops and other gadgets that need control. Soon the remote controls and mouse are going to fade away.
[​IMG]
5.3D Glasses:We were always forced to wear these weird pair of glasses for watching a 3D movie bringing to your eyes a realistic effect of the picture on the screen. Recently some mobile companies have come up with 3D stereoscopic screens which do not need any kind of glasses to get the effect. Even toshiba came up with an eye movement sensing technology to create the same effect.
[​IMG]

Source:Silicon India

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I doubt Windows will die anytime soon. They've adopted Windows 8 on mobile operating system and I personally see Surface-type devices getting popular in coming days.

Microsoft is a behemoth I'm quite sure Windos will continue.

I also think Movie theaters will continue for at least next 2 decades. It's the 'experience' that Movie theaters offer which even the best of the 3D can't offer.
  • AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    Windows will surely not die and you are right that Microsoft is a behemoth. But they will surely try something else with their interface so as to cope up with iOS. I still feel that WindowsXP is the best operating system one can have or may be I am comfortable with it that is why such an opinion. But in my opinion iOS is not that user friendly at least for a beginner.😀
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Movie theaters will never die! How great your home is or how great your sound system and arrangement you do.. theater is a theater.

The experience is very important. You know the screen size the arrangement , the crowd and we dont have control to fast forward or pause a movie in a theater and the feel like we have to sit there to watch .. all these things combined. I think theater will never die.. I ideally dont want it to die 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    English-Scared
    Movie theaters will never die! How great your home is or how great your sound system and arrangement you do.. theater is a theater.
    Theaters are getting improved by the the day. first multiplexes and now IMAX. If anyone who haven't watched movie in IMAX. Believe me it's something you have only imagined it.

Hard Drives:
    Off course it will be vanished. just like floppy, cd's.
    Real question is if physical / local storage would disappear. (My guess never!!)

Windows OS:
    I strongly support open source but Windows OS going to die. It's looks like a joke.
    Almost every corporate workstations runs on windows OS other than servers.
    Look at following statistics.
    Windows OS: 8+7+Vista+XP: [​IMG]3.29+[​IMG]38.50+[​IMG]4.09+[​IMG]32.98 ~ 80%.​
    Source: Usage Share Of Operating Systems

Remote Control and Mouse:
    Remote Control: Yes, definitely.Possible that old galaxy S4 will be used as single remote control for home appliances.
    Mouse: doubtful, possible that it will replaced by virtual mouse.

I would like to add here one more:
    Mobile Network: in future there will be only net telephony including VPN and data transfer.
  • Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    Windows 8
    The windows operating system won't die out since it will stick to personal computers. Innovation here would keep on going with new technology and changes being introduced.

Hard Drives
    Hard drives would surely innovate more and more, where researchers are looking for new methods to store data. Earlier they were magnetic tapes, now SSDs. I read a crazy R&D dept where they are trying to make organic storage devices.

Movie Theatres
    Movie theatres would obviously stay in the game since it is evident that film producers would want the viewers to come and watch the movie in theatres and they won't allow such methods to creep into our homes. The effects you get in a 3D movie at a theatre cannot be matched at home.

Remote Control and Mouse
    As I had earlier posted a topic on Leapmotion, a handsfree controller scheduled to hit the market in July (postponed from May) which is too good to be true. So yes there would be new methods to control interfaces.

3D Technology
    3D glasses were a great innovation. Then there were holographs which showed Tupac's performance. Now what I'm waiting for is something seen in Iron Man movies.

The possibilities are endless. Better insight into crazy innovations are seen in sci-fi movies which always blow your mind away.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Yesterday, CrazyEngineers experienced the longest unplanned downtime in the history of CE. To make the matters worse, it also blocked our official email IDs during whole the time. Though...
The war between Facebook’s Graph Search and the ones on Google, Yelp, and LinkedIn with people-powered, connections-based search is a BIG one. For the past decade or two, Google has...
Dear All, Can anybody tell me who is the supplier OR manufacturer of Single Phase VFD?
We've a small goodie for all our visitors (and existing members, as well). You may now register on CrazyEngineers with a click of a button - using FB, Twitter &...
When the Indian cheap smartphone market is tumbling and tolling with a new entry every week, this time around, we have an Android Ice Cream Sandwich running - Karbonn A25....