Technological happenings in India - Limited Only To Mobile Phones & Satellites?

I seldom see a technology or engineering news coming out of India - and most of the stuff we tend to write in our technology & engineering news blog is originating in various parts of the world. Whenever we write an Indian specific news, then that's either a satellite launch or a foreign company launching a mobile phone in India. There's almost NO other happening worth writing that comes out of India.

What are your thoughts on this?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Most of the tech innovations in India is in service sector and not in core sector

This said it is the only reason why we have so many solution based firms and a few research based organisation

In India to climb up the beuratic terrace is really hard and the process wearies the innovator to the point of dropping or selling his innovation without any condition This is really the problem in India
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Core sector is capital intensive and gestation period is relatively long. So investors stay away from it and innovators don't get any support.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Anand Tamariya
    Core sector is capital intensive and gestation period is relatively long. So investors stay away from it and innovators don't get any support.
    Are there no government sponsored funds or grants?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Getting funds is really a hell in India the process cannot be achieved without very high level recommendations
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Conqueror
    Getting funds is really a hell in India the process cannot be achieved without very high level recommendations
    Thats a shame. There should at least be some sort of government initiative for that. Open up applications for funds for start up / entrepreneur, then applicants go through selection processes. Successful teams will get funds disbursed over time to cover for salary, company registration and product development. Commercialization of product will also be assisted with their own IP. Or something like that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think getting funds in India is easier these days - especially from the private players. Check out all the happenings at TiE club. A ton of venture capital firms are eyeing Indian entrepreneurs.

But from what I see is that there aren't many startups that are doing something that's worth funding. Yet another billing system isn't going to get a VC's attention for sure.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    lol...YABS! Can possibly follow up success like YAHOO!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is Power Transferred To Consumers Or Energy??
Narayana Murthy is returning to Infosys with rolled up sleeves after a long short break which everyone called retirement that began in 2011. Infosys informed the media that the company...
You always have that one friend whom you have pestered long enough to quite smoking, but to no heed. In India, statistics say that thousands of children below 15 years...
We have a construction site with clayey soil for a very large depth(20 mts.) near a river where a G+7 structure is going to be constructed. The undrained shear strength...
Hi!!! I want to make my own 5.1 channel surround sound system. I want to know how to design speakers and sub-woofer along with their enclosures. If anyone knows, please...