Technical Event Ideas For Techfest - 2023

Technical Event Ideas For Techfest - 2023

Every year almost every engineering college in India organizes TechFest - an event comprising of technical events, competitions, paper presentation competitions, seminar presentations and so on.

Update: We keep updating this page with ideas every week. Share this page with your friends over WhatsApp / FB / Insta and get their opinion on these ideas. Of course, you can join CrazyEngineers and get even more innovative ideas from fellow engineers.

The events also open a large number of opportunities to students to attend these fests, get updates about the latest in engineering and technology and also present newer ideas to engineering audience.

Organizing a tech-fest is also a great challenge to the organizers as they've to come up with new ideas and events. It's not at all an easy task.

We picked up this issue where our engineers from various backgrounds and countries brainstormed about various technical ideas that could become a part of techfest. We've come up with really interesting and innovative ideas.

If you're not satisfied with the ideas discussed in that discussion thread, feel free to ask for more. I'm sure all our engineers would be happy to help you.

Oh yes, did I forget to tell you, it's all for free?

Following is the list of innovative, unique and fun event ideas for your techfest. We have added event names their taglines, overview and a summary of how you can organize them in your college. If you have questions, feel free to ask them in the comments, or start a new discussion.

1. TechnoVidya - Igniting Minds, Fueling Innovation

Overview: TechnoVidya, a blend of technology and learning, is an all-inclusive project exhibition. Participants can showcase their engineering projects, including robotics, AI models, IoT devices, etc. A panel of professors and industry experts will judge the projects based on their originality, applicability and complexity.

How to organize: You would need an exhibition hall for display of projects, a registration portal for participants, and a team of judges. The event can be spread over 2 days for proper judging and audience viewing.

2. YantraYuddha - Battle of Bots

Overview: YantraYuddha is a robotics competition where students design and build robots to complete specific tasks. This can be divided into categories like RoboRace, RoboWar, and AI Challenge.

How to organize: Set up an arena for the bots to compete, and have the participants register in advance. The competition might last an entire day, depending on the number of participants.

3. SanskritiSoft - Cultural Coding Carnival

Overview: SanskritiSoft is a coding fest with a twist. Participants are challenged to create software, games, or applications that highlight diverse cultures.

How to organize: Arrange coding bootcamps and a venue for presentations. The event can span over a weekend, allowing for development time and presentations.

4. PrastutiParva - Unleash the Presenter in You

Overview: A technical paper presentation event where participants present their research or innovative ideas.

How to organize: A lecture hall or auditorium would be necessary for the presentations. Allocate 10-15 minutes for each presentation followed by a Q&A. This event can span 2 days depending on the number of participants.

5. AvishkarAnveshan - Invent. Innovate. Inspire.

Overview: A competition for students to present their unique, innovative solutions to real-world engineering problems.

How to organize: Organize an open stage for presentations and demonstrations. Depending on the number of participants, this event can last 1-2 days.

6. CodeSankalp - Commit to Coding

Overview: A 24-hour coding hackathon where participants solve problems or create innovative applications.

How to organize: You will need a large room with proper seating arrangements, internet facilities and refreshments.

7. VigyanVarta - Conversations in Science

Overview: A scientific discussion forum where experts give talks on emerging technologies and science topics.

How to organize: Organize a seminar hall for the lectures and Q&A sessions. This event can be a single day event.

8. AdhigamQuiz - Knowledge has a new Battlefield

Overview: A tech-themed quiz competition testing participants' knowledge on various engineering disciplines.

How to organize: An auditorium for hosting the event, a quiz master to conduct it, and buzzers for the teams. The event would ideally last for about 3 hours.

9. AakritiArch - Designing the Future

Overview: A competition for Civil Engineering students to present their innovative architectural designs.

How to organize: Set up an exhibition hall for the designs and a panel of judges. This event can be a single day event.

10. GreenGyan - Learning for a Sustainable Tomorrow

Overview: An event focusing on green technologies and sustainable engineering practices.

How to organize: Seminars or workshops could be organized in an auditorium or lecture hall. The duration can be a single day.

11. VyavsaayVimarsh - Where Business Meets Technology

Overview: An event where students can present their tech business ideas or start-up pitches.

How to organize: A platform for presentations and a panel of business experts as judges. This could be a 1-day event.

I will keep expanding this list. Let me know if you find this useful. Feel free to share it with your friends.

Replies

• SANA AFREEN
    SANA AFREEN
    I M PLANNING FOR A TECHNICAL FEST FOR STUDENTS N EXPERTS.CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME IDEAS WHICH CAN BE IMPLEMENTED TO MAKE FEST SUCCESSFUL..?
  • SANA AFREEN
    SANA AFREEN
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Take a look at these ideas:

they are good n still..i wanna focus more on tech..any much better ideas..can u please help me..?
  • Jenny Taylor
    Jenny Taylor

Recent tech fest IIT Bombay had organised techfest from 14 to 16 December where lot of technical events took place. Doting down some of them - 

Competitions :

1. Hiring Challenges
    2. Row Boatics
    3. Future Think
    4. Aeromodelling
    5. Springfield Challenge
    6. Encode Steel
    7. Periloscope Challenge
    8. International Robotic Challenge
    9. Datathon-Hackathon
    10. CoDecode
    11. Markethon Challenge
    12. CrackTheBigIdea

Workshops:

1. Cloud Computing
    2. Google Android
    3. Building Chat Bots
    4. Automobile Mechanics
    5. Deep Learning
    6. Machine Learning In Fintech
    7. Underwater Robotics
    8. Solarizer
    9. Open Data Science
    10. Zero Energy Building
    11. Voice Recognition - alexa
    12. Ultrasonic Testing
    13. 6th Sense Robotics
    14. Gesture Robotics
    15. Ethical Hacking
    16. Nano Machine Technology

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Hiring challenges looks like an interesting event for college fest. Can someone post more information about it? 

• Mohit G
    Mohit G

#-Link-Snipped-# in my college we organised a mock recruitment drive. Candidates had to crack the written aptitude test, followed by two rounds of group discussions. Shortlisted candidates were then put through Technical round of interviews conducted by department lecturers. We had 3 winners from each participating branch. It was one of the events that had maximum participation. 

• Malobika Biswas
    Malobika Biswas

i need some help regarding the online technical event of my college

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

What kind of help do you need #-Link-Snipped-# ?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - You need to tell us a bit more about your technical event and the names you are considering. Only then we can make suggestions. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yahoo's CEO, Carol Bartz isn't really helping Yahoo come out of its troubles. Once upon a time Internet's leading portal is closing down its services and continuing to fire employees...
Samsung is banking on its super famous Galaxy brand, TouchWiz GUI combined with Android Operating System. The company has decided to launch pocket-friendly phones all over the world. Samsung Galaxy...
The Economic Times Of India reporter Radhika has reported that Apple iPad tablet will be officially made available in India on January 28. India had to wait about 1 year...
HTC can't afford to leave behind when almost every mobile & consumer electronics company is launching their tablet PCs in market. HTC will soon launch its first tablet and it's...
A Norway based environment technology firm Sahara Forest Project(SHP) has initiated an innovative project of building a man made oasis in the desert city of Aqaba, Jordan. As per this...