Techincal Interview Questions - Microprocessor questions

MICROPROCESSOR QUESTIONS

• · Which type of architecture 8085 has?
  • · How many memory locations can be addressed by a microprocessor with 14 address lines?
  • · 8085 is how many bit microprocessor?
  • · Why is data bus bi-directional?
  • · What is the function of accumulator?
  • · What is flag, bus?
  • · What are tri-state devices and why they are essential in a bus oriented system?
  • · Why are program counter and stack pointer 16-bit registers?
  • · What does it mean by embedded system?
  • · What are the different addressing modes in 8085?
  • · What is the difference between MOV and MVI?
  • · What are the functions of RIM, SIM, IN?
  • · What is the immediate addressing mode?
  • · What are the different flags in 8085?
  • · What happens during DMA transfer?
  • · What do you mean by wait state? What is its need?
  • · What is PSW?
  • · What is ALE? Explain the functions of ALE in 8085.
  • · What is a program counter? What is its use?
  • · What is an interrupt?
  • · Which line will be activated when an output device require attention from CPU?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ELECTRONICS QUESTIONS · What is meant by D-FF? · What is the basic difference between Latches and Flip flops? · What is a multiplexer? · How can you convert an...
TCS has one software “touchstone” for conducting test. It is having collection of around 1 to 2 lacks questions. So pattern of all questions are much same. Here are the...
I am sure most of you must have gone through the Engineers Without Borders Chairman Interview on CE-Small Talk: Ashok Agarwal – Engineers Without Borders - CrazyEngineers Some of my...
1. The passage given below is followed by questions based on its content. Read the passage & choose the best answer 4 the questions The Death Car It was cold...
1. In 1978, a kg of paper was sold at Rs25/-. I f the paper rate increases at 1.5% more than inflation rate which is of 6.5% a year ,...