Tech Discussion : Evolution of Mobiles 2G to 4G

Well this was the last weeks topic as we had lesser participation we are continuing this week as well

Now to the topic and happy week end guys

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Generation What exactly is it ?

In a generation there is a major break through thereby we achieve some thing which was not possible in the previous one

Now These queries arise in the mind of a Newbie here

What is 2 G ?
    What is TDMA and CDMA ?
    What is Current scenario ?

DO post on guys
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Well 2G is the second generation of wireless telephones (mobile phones) and it added the digital encryption of conversations .
    Generation is a method of division of technological evolution into different parts in which the newer part is significantly different and solves the problems faced by the old part😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nice and about data encryption how is it done any idea about it my friend
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    I don't know how data encryption is done in 2g friend,😔
    but here are channel access methods:
    TDMA and CDMA are channel access methods in which allow several users to use same communication channel for transmission.
    In TDMA or Time Division Multiple Access, the division of channel is made on the basis of time slots, whereas
    In CDMA or Code Division Multiple Access, the division of channel is made on some shared among users to communicate.It uses Spread Spectrum Technology. Can anybody explains what is that?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    So in TDMA then a particular time slot is allocated to a user and if that is idle then the same slot is given up for another user to enable maximum availability of band width

This can become tedious in the case of longer time as if more time is allocated to a single user then there is a probability of a single line always getting a busy tone while the other may be idling the time alloted to it
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    After searching the web for 2g encryption I think it uses A5 encryption
    This uses a stream cipher mode. The keystream is XORed with data stream based on three linear feedback registers This link describes the detail: A5/1
    Also this encryption has been attacked many times and not fully secured as told in the above link.😛
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Hoping from 2G to 2.5G, 2.5G is the bridge to fill the gap between 2G & 3G.
    2.5G network supports MMS & WAP. GPRS, EDGE comes under 2.5G wireless network. Enhanced version of GPRS is known as EDGE whose speed limit is 177.6 Kbit/s. GPRS networks have 28 kbps or higher.
    After 2.5G, i.e GPRS & EDGE, SMS over GPRS/EDGE was used, the SMS transmission of 30-35 per minute was seen which is way better than regular GSM with 6-8 SMS/minute.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Unless we've specific questions to discuss related to the generations of technology; I'd like to get everyone's attention to this important news we covered on VoiCE a few days ago - #-Link-Snipped-#. Europe is going to be the playground for the next generation in wireless communication; and the researchers are targeting speeds of 10 Gbps per tower; which might be about 200 Mbps per user connected to the each tower.
  • Danny Stillone
    Danny Stillone
    The_Big_K
    Unless we've specific questions to discuss related to the generations of technology; I'd like to get everyone's attention to this important news we covered on VoiCE a few days ago - #-Link-Snipped-#. Europe is going to be the playground for the next generation in wireless communication; and the researchers are targeting speeds of 10 Gbps per tower; which might be about 200 Mbps per user connected to the each tower.
    super-ultra-blazing-fast. will be the superfast downlink for user, it's similar downloading data without push the enter button 😀. the coverage area will decreasing by increasing freq. we know 2100Mhz used for 3G, it will need lot of tower.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    5G is the prima facie of mobile tech

The speed is still debated as any speed above 200 Kbps makes it so fast that the web pages get downloaded with in a notified time ie the user can not percieve the change taking place due to very short time

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There was a recent attempt to break into my gmail account.😡 My entire blog depends on it. I've changed passwords now, but the goon still appears online from my friend's...
im new n j h ust want to know low about something logic with no possible reson to solve problem like engineering * zero to infinity * lern from th...
Can some body please write a tutorial about marketing with some good examples, like for example, steps about how to market a newly developed library management system software? please also...
can anyone give me project ideas on cryptography or information security
If you are located in India, you aren't granted access to services like Hulu, Pandora or Netflix. For example, if you access Hulu service, you'll be greeted with a message...