TDR-TB: Deadly Form Of Tuberculosis Hits India - Really?
I stumbled upon an article in the times of India that says TDR (Totally Drug Resistant) form of Tuberculosis has hit India (read: <a href="https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/New-deadlier-form-of-TB-hits-India/articleshow/11396410.cms" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">New, deadlier form of TB hits India | India News - Times of India</a> ). This form of TB seems to have identified in Iran first about 3 years ago and India is the second country to get it.
After reading these news I'm surprised and curious. Do these diseases really exist or it's just a ploy by the drug manufacturers across the world to make sure that they're in business? My grandfather, a doctor (is no more), would himself get surprized to see new forms of diseases being discovered every few year which would mass-kill humans.
It makes sense that the profit-minded drug companies will never develop anything to eradicate the most basic forms of diseases. Because if they do - they'll be out of business forever.
The question I want to ask, what do engineers think about these diseases being discovered out of nowhere?