TCS Office Chennai Bomb Threat

TCS Chennai Office was quickly evacuated after the police received a phone call from anonymous caller. The TCS Chennai office staff was quickly asked to leave the premises as the police rushed at the campus. More information about the threat is yet to be unearthed.

If you have information, please share it with us. TCS Chennai staff - we hope everything is okay.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜จ Bomb thread in TCS Office?
    1000s of IT Engineers at risk.

News online: The police says it has leads on who made the hoax call.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I hope everyone is safe.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Guys, its a Hoax call and moreover, upon receiving the call, immediately the place was evacuated and all the people are safe! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Guys, its a Hoax call and moreover, upon receiving the call, immediately the place was evacuated and all the people are safe! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Great to know that. I think most of the big software companies with big buildings often perform fire drills where employees must evacuate the premises within 2-3 minutes. Is that true? Good to know that it was just a fake call.
    The_Big_K
    Great to know that. I think most of the big software companies with big buildings often perform fire drills where employees must evacuate the premises within 2-3 minutes. Is that true? Good to know that it was just a fake call.
    You won't know. In the same office I was there. The funny part was, during the mock fire drill, when all the employees were asked to evacuate, I was busy saving the documents and mailing it and was having my tea! One colleague of mine was drinking tea very casually pretending nothing happened. The same case happened even in the production (bomb call) event! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Omg! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    @Praveen: How much time everyone took in resuming their work? Making fake calls is very frequent nowadays.
    born_star16
    @Praveen: How much time everyone took in resuming their work?
    Everyone was sent home. ๐Ÿ˜€ Although that place was just a training place. Nothing much was affected. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I remember one such Bomb threat in Pune. There was a bomb blast and the very next day; the company decided to upgrade the security - and it was a BIG JOKE. The security guys started inspecting the regular employees and the others could go into the campus without any check! Holy kaw! I asked them why aren't they checking the gates on the rear side of the campus to which they said it's not necessary. As if the attackers would make a James Bond style entry from the front door. Security is a big joke!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TLabs is a startup incubator initiated by Times Internet. TLabs is now inviting ideas from the Internet, Mobile and Technology from all over the country and aims to pick 10...
A latest lab-experiment has yielded results worth changing our views towards nature! Researchers have claimed to have understood the mechanism of how granular materials like sand etc. turn solid, by...
Pratishruti 2012 - annual fest of RKNEC (now RCOEM) Nagpur features cultural, techno & sports events. Official Information: - Pratishruti,The annual cultural fest of Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and...
Just found a nice video overview of Samsung Wave 3 - the latest phone from Samsung featuring the Bada 2.0 operating system.
CEans, It's time to take CE forward and as many of you have suggested over a period of time, that we can have a feature to invite your friends. Building...