TCS latest on campus Experience september 18th 2011

hi friends i got placed in TCS thanks to CE AND OUR FRIENDS AND MY COL MANAGEMENT HERE IS MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Hi friends,
This is Phanidhar
My TR went like this
Me : MAY I COME IN SIR
Tr: YES COME IN
Me: GOOD MORNING SIR
Tr: GOOD MORNING, TAKE YOUR SEAT
Me: THANK YOU SIR
Tr: HOW WAS YOUR DAY
Me: IT IS FINE, THANK YOU SIR. HOW ABOUT YOU SIR?
Tr: ITS FINE. SO, TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT YOUSELF
Me: MY NAME IS PHANIDHAR GODAVARI. I AM EXCELLING IN THE FIELD OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION FOR THE PAS THREE YEARS. I HAVE DONE MY MINI PROJECT ON OXYGEN ENRICHMENT USING PLC…. BLAH BLAH BLAH……..MY ACHIEVEMENTS AND HOBBIES. Still he didn’t stop me so I said “ sir do you want anything more about me sir?”
TR: THAT’S ENOUGH,THANK YOU MR.PHANIDHAR. YOUR PERCENTAGE HAS COME DOWN FROM 94 N INTER TO 64 IN B.TECH. WHY?
ME: IN INTER WE HAVE STUDIED WELL REGARDLESS OF THE REPEATED STOCK QUESTIONS WHICH ARE BEING REPEATED FROM THE PAST TEN YEARS AND IT IS ENOUGH FOR FINAL EXAMS. BUT I GOT 75% IN ENGINEERING 1[SUP]ST[/SUP] YEAR AND DUE TO MY HEALTH PROB I GOT 56% IN 2-1 WHICH resulted in my % downfall and I have improved myself then onwards and eventually got to 68% in 3-2.
Tr: THAT’S VERY GOOD. WHAT IS YOUR AREA OF INTEREST?
Me: ANALOG COMMUNICATIONS
Tr: WHY AC NOT ANY OTHER SUBJECT?
Me: I HAVE MUCH INTEREST IN AC BECAUSE OF ITS EASE OF APPLICATIONS AND MODULATING TECHNIQUES DUE TO WHICH THE COMMUNICATION HAS BECOME EASIER.
Tr: WHAT ARE DIFFERENT MODULATING TECHNIQUES?
Me: DIGITAL AND ANALOG. IN ANALOG AMPLITUDE AND ANGLE AND IN ANGLE PHASE AND FREQUENCY MODULATIONS. BASICALLY MODULATION IS THE ………………. DEFINITION…………….
Tr: SO WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFEREN MODULATION IN DIGITAL AND ANALOG THAT ARE NOT COMMAN?
Me: I didn’t understand his question but I told PSK,FSK,ASK are used in DC where as DSBSC,SSBSC,VSBSC are used in AC
Tr; SO, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KEYING AND MODULATION?
Me: IN KEYING WE GIVE PULSE SIGNAL INPUT WITH 0 OR 1 WHEREAS WE GIVE A CONTINUOUS SINUSOIDAL IN AC.
Tr: DO YOU KNOW ANY PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE?
Me: YES I KNOW COMPUTER PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE SIR.
Tr: SO, WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT C?
Me: C IS THE BASIC PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE WHICH CONSIST OF ARRAYS,LOOPS,STRUCTURES,UNIONS,FILES,POINTERS WHICH ARE WHEN WRITTEN IN A CODE WILL BE TRANSLATED BY INTERPRETOR OR COMPILERS.
Tr: DO YOU KNOW DATA STRUCTURES?
Me: YES ARE I HAVE LITTLE BIT IDEA OF THEM BUT I AM NOT CONFIDENT SIR.
Tr: HAVE YOU DONE ANY PROGRAMMING IN YOUR ENGINEERING LIFE?
Me: YES SIR
Tr : SO WHAT PROGRAMMES HAVE YOU DONE?
Me: I HAVE DONE BASIC PROGRAMMES LIKE ADDITION, SUBTRACTION, ASCENDING AND DESCENDING, ARMSTRONG, PALLINDROME, FIBANNOCI ETC SIR
Tr: WHAT IS AN ARMSTRONG NUMBER
Me: A NUMBER WHICH IS EQUAL TO THE PRODUCT OF THE CUBES OF THE DIGITS IN PLACE VALUES SIR (ACTUALLY IT IS WRONG AS ARMSTRONG NUMBER IS EQUAL TO THE SUM OF THE CUBES OF DIGITS IN PLACE VALUES BUT I TOLD IT WITH THAT MUCH CONFIDENCE THAT HE SAID OK VERY GOOD J )
Tr: K I WILL GIVE YOU A PUZZLE. WILL YOU SOLVE IT
Me: YES SIR.
Tr: WHAT ARE THE THREE CONSECUTIVE NUMBERS WHOSE SUM IS EAUAL TO THEIR PRODUCT?
Me: 1,2,3 SIR
Tr: I WANT ANOTHER THREE NUMBERS.
Me: HE GAVE ME A PAPER TO DO IT I FIRST HESITATED AND WHEN I THOUGHT TO TELL HIM I DON’T KNOW HE SAID “you have 2 minutes time, do it”. I HAVE DONE PAPER WORK
My answer is -3,-2,-1. He then said “don’t give up until u achieve success in your life. All the best”
MY TR WENT ON FOR 20 MINUTES AND IAM THE FIRST PERSON TO COME OUT AMONG ALL THE OTHER PANELS J
I went to eat my lunch and immediately I was called for the HR. I really felt embarrassed as i am selected for HR.
Me: may I come in sir
Hr : yes come in
Me: good afternoon sir
Hr: good afternoon take your seat
Me: thank you sir
Hr: well Mr.phanidhar, my name is murali , and I have been working as hr in tcs for the past five years. So, why are you opting for TCS?
Me: I have learnt from one of my relative working there that the work culture and environment is very good.
Hr: that’s good. You have mentioned In your resume that you are optimistic. Justify it
Me: said some blah blah
Hr: that’s very fine. Do you have any questions to ask me?
Me: sir I have seen in your site that you are following GNDM I didn’t get it sir can you explain me?
Hr: yeah and he told some stuff.

My hr went for 5 minutes and total combining mu tr+mr+hr= 30 minutes and my hr was completed at 3 pm
Results were announced at 9 pm and I am very happy to be a part of TCS

SMALL ADVICE:
ü BE CONFIDENT WHILE ANSWERING
ü TAKE SOME TIME TO RELAX YOUR MIND BEFORE YOU GO FOR INTERVIEW
ü KEEP IN MIND THAT “ WHETHER YOU QUALIFY OR DISQUALIFY IT IS COMPLETELY BECAUSE OF YOU AT THE INTERVIEW TIME BUT NOT BECAUSE OF THE PANEL”
ü PREPARE WELL ON YOUR STRENGTHS AND HOBBIES

JALL THE BESTJ

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: experience:tcs latest on campus september 18th 2011

Congratulations for your selection in TCS. Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow CEans. I'm quite sure they will find your tips useful 😀
  • lakshmidhar
    lakshmidhar

thank you GOOD ADMINISTRATOR 😀
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*

Great.. congrats 😀
  • andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    Hai lakshmidhar...congrats yaar...great to hear from you..and same pinch me too got placed in TCS.......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

the circuit diagram explains all. the sensors are placed in well , and in overhead tank. if the condition, i.e the water level in well is high, the water level...
I am a Java, JEE enthusiastic designer and developer. About to start my designed and developed opensource application using freeware framework available. I have taken a lot from this world...
is it a single phase motor or three phase motor.........and why??
i am fresher and have 61% in btech(cse)... till now i was not recruited .so,i am planning to join in talent sprint and the fee cost is 50k ... can...
I don’t want to write any introduction here. Do you think I am bored or I am tired to write? Nah, Actually this man doesn’t need any introduction. You all...