TCP sessions

OK,

can we kill TCP sessions established between two computers?

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    You are asking for Linux systems or windows systems???
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    any system for that matter. Can we actually terminate the sessions?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Create an IPSEC policy on the local machine and block that port. Block any tcp/ip traffic on that single port. The session dies. Unblock that port. U need the steps?

I assume u have admin privileges.

Open the Local Sec Policy, Create a new IPSec policy, In the course of the wizard, add a new ip filter with source as any and destination as my ip, with TCP as protocol, and then specify the from and to port to be that single port.

Under Filter Action, Block all and finish it.

Then Assign that policy, wait for a couple of mins. Check ur netstat -an to verify if the port has got closed and session terminated.

The Unassign the policy. All in five mins perfectly within ur admin privs and the action should affect only ur port.

-CB
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    This is the only method I have heard of, I never heard or think of any other option. By the way, why you reqire this?? very specific requirement !!!

-CB
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Nothing serious, just that i start wondering while I feel work's boring! 😁

Will give it a try on my lappy! thanks fro the info!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This question might sound stupid to many of you , since I don't know answer for it It thought I would put forth. When we shut down system or our...
One of my all time favourite story (I got this around 4 years back, still its saved in my Inbox.): As my friend was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped,...
please suggest me any theoritical project (related to modelling and simulation) in GAS LIQUID TWO PHASE FLOW...
CEans, Lot of our folks either love the coffee produced by the vending machines or they just hate it. This club is for everyone who either hates or loves the...
HI, I received a title for FYP,it's the use of Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) air condition system in the large building in comparison to conventional air conditioning system (chilled water).However,...