TCP-IP AND MICROCONTROLLER

I want my project to operate on internet, like giving updates or notifications to user using internet on mobile phone or pc. for that i will need to implement tcp ip protocol, isnt it ?
i have read the protocol and understood the best i could. but can any one tell me how should i do it, or at least what should i start with.

secondly, i will use some sensors, the data from sensors area will be transferred to main system board using a bluetooth link and then there after, the info should be on internet, or atleast e-mailed to user.

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Oh that is interesting. At present I'm trying to learn a bit about networking. From the limited knowledge I have, you will need to write a code in a suitable programming language to handle that.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Just use Raspberry PI. It has General purpose pins for controlling relays and also Ethernet port through which you connect to internet. should be a good choice.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Another option is go with ARM processor with inbuilt Ethernet. Microchip or NXP .
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# thanks for reply.

currently am working on lpc2148 but
    yes sir i can use nxp controller that has Ethernet compatibility... i have used it for a simple demo of transferring data to pc from controller using all that RJ 45 connector and LAN cable.

but please help me with how can i interact with internet ?
    i mean please tell me the steps that i should follow.

now i have a data in my microcontroller i want it to be mailed automatically to someones mail id.

so to achieve this task what should i do..plz tell me the stuff that i will have to learn. suggest me some tutorials on net.

#-Link-Snipped-# sir it wont be possible for me to get rasberry PI ๐Ÿ˜”.. but i have arm9 controller with ethernet port. so help me with that one.

thanks
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    dossdss
    #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# thanks for reply.

currently am working on lpc2148 but
    yes sir i can use nxp controller that has Ethernet compatibility... i have used it for a simple demo of transferring data to pc from controller using all that RJ 45 connector and LAN cable.

but please help me with how can i interact with internet ?
    i mean please tell me the steps that i should follow.

now i have a data in my microcontroller i want it to be mailed automatically to someones mail id.

so to achieve this task what should i do..plz tell me the stuff that i will have to learn. suggest me some tutorials on net.

#-Link-Snipped-# sir it wont be possible for me to get rasberry PI ๐Ÿ˜”.. but i have arm9 controller with ethernet port. so help me with that one.

thanks
    To send email you have to use SMTP. Get some reference code for SMTP and you can send an email.
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    #-Link-Snipped-# thank you.

i will get info on SMTP, with that can you please tell me that how can i get internet connectivity to my system ?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    dossdss
    #-Link-Snipped-# thank you.

i will get info on SMTP, with that can you please tell me tell me that how can i get internet connectivity to my system ?
    I have to Check as I have just used TCPIP client and that was too based on microchip.

First find out if NXP is providing TCPIP Stack then you can easily start some basic of TCPIP and after that use the example code if any.

I will let you know if I come to know about such stack by NXP.
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    godfather
    I have to Check as I have just used TCPIP client and that was too based on microchip.

First find out if NXP is providing TCPIP Stack then you can easily start some basic of TCPIP and after that use the example code if any.

I will let you know if I come to know about such stack by NXP.
    I couldn't understand your first line ๐Ÿ˜•.. can you please elaborate ?

i dont know much about TCP/IP stack.. i will study it , but if it is not there by NXP, what is the alternative ?

thank YOU..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Have to check there may be Opensource Stack for Micorocontroller. But in that case you have to Port it for your Microcontroller and that will require more depth knowledge in TCPIP.
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    do i need to port a RTOS in to my microcontroller for the above said purpose?
    and is it possible to to do the above in a microcontroller like lpc2148 or ATmega 32 etc which is not ethernet compatible ?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    dossdss
    do i need to port a RTOS in to my microcontroller for the above said purpose?
    and is it possible to to do the above in a microcontroller like lpc2148 or ATmega 32 etc which is not ethernet compatible ?
    You can use it without RTOS too. But if there is then its good.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    dossdss
    If MCU is not supporting Ethernet you have to use external Ethernet controller IC.
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    godfather
    If MCU is not supporting Ethernet you have to use external Ethernet controller IC.
    thank you sir... ๐Ÿ˜€

i just got to know about GSM/GPRS module...how about using that one ?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    dossdss
    thank you sir... ๐Ÿ˜€

i just got to know about GSM/GPRS module...how about using that one ?
    Will you please share some more details about the use of this?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey i want to make a car which has a solar panel system on the roof so from that we can utilise the solar power to run a vehicle. I...
I am in my final semester of electronics and instrumentation. What are the different postgraduate courses i can opt for? Both in India and abroad. Please suggest. Thank You.
heyy. i need help with iis. i installed components of iis from control panel but still i cannot find inetmgr.exe or run it while trying URL https://localhost get following error...
Is quartz crystal resonator in clock circuit an oscillator? If not then what kind of analog or digital circuitary does the clock circuits in various computing devices are made up...
A mathematical editor, Gescal in action. Developed at Integrated Ideas, this prototype demonstrates that gestures are not mere toys. It could possibly pave way for the one of the most...