Tata Sky's Live TV Streaming 'Everywhere TV' App Coming Soon For iOS & Android

India’s leading direct satellite television provider Tata Sky has announced its live TV streaming service titled ‘Everywhere TV’. On its official website it mentions about apps for iPhone and iPad and gives a couple of screenshots of these apps but it does not mention an Android app. However #-Link-Snipped-#suggest that an Android app is in the making and will arrive by the end of the festive season. The Everywhere TV service will only be available for existing Tata Sky subscribers and initially offer fifty channels for subscription package of Rs. 60 per month. Tata Sky has not given a tentative launch date for the service but interested users can leave their contact details #-Link-Snipped-# by which the company can notify them about its availability. Similar to Dish TV DishOnline Streaming Service Launched For Android, iOS And The Web service, ‘Everywhere TV’ lets you catch up episodes of your favorite TV soaps from the last five days and offers video on demand feature which lets you stream movies and videos.

Everywhere TV 1

Speaking to the media, Tata Sky’s Chief Commercial Officer Vikram Mehra said that the company conducted a survey among their subscribers and found that 88 percent of their subscribers have a smartphone and they spend about 76 minutes every day on commute. This service will help their customers to catch up on their favorite shows while they are on their daily commute. He also said that this service will attract the attention of students who live in hostels as they can get access to live TV at cheaper rates. While the initial packages offer only Hindi and English general entertainment channels the company will be providing regional channels soon and will offer over 200 channels in the future. In the meanwhile do take a look at advert of the service below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like young and old alike have more reasons to cling on to their smartphones now. Just don't get your eyes off the screen.
    I think that TV coming to a smartphone would only be great for people with bigger screens. Therefore, phones like HTC One MAX that offer 5.9 inch screen - as good as a tablet, but in an enlarged body is the way to lead for the gadget companies now.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    I want DTH companies to also introduce features that will allow users to choose specific channels instead of packages. By this sports enthusiasts will get to watch their favorite matches anywhere they reside. The DTH service providers should provide live stream in different file formats with different bit rates. This would mean when customers have access to Wi-Fi they can switch to high quality streams and when they are relying on mobile internet can opt for low quality stream to keep a check on their data limits.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# True that. I wonder why no one is talking about a really good and cheap 3G mobile connection or a Wi-Fi connectivity option that is going to be a must for this app to run smoothly. Let us bring that first, people!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian people now have a Google Street View alternative. Launched on 15th October and called WoNoBo.com, it is India's city-by-city travel and local guide that offers a 360 degree view...
Hello all I'm attending a course about computer architectures, and in the course material it is written that in the deprecated model of parallel machines used to launch instructions that...
My phone (like me) is nowhwhere near smart. Those who do have a smart phone and time to kill this may be an interesting exercise: https://www.instructables.com/id/10-Minute-Mini-3D-Projection/?ALLSTEPS
HCL has a series of HCL Me products that it launches with a set of target audience in mind. This time around it has come up with the HCL ME...
Bajaj Auto has taken to the heart the matter of bringing a bike in the Indian market best suited for the mileage crazy country. Expanding its Discover range (namely 100,...