Tata Motors Turnover Doubles in Q4

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Tata Motors' standalone fourth quarter net profit was almost flat from a year ago as soaring expenditure reduced profitability despite doubling of turnover.
Its net profit for the fourth quarter ended March 2010 was Rs 597 crore (Rs 591.42 crore).

Turnover doubled to Rs 12,229.7 crore (Rs 6,894.88 crore); but expenditure too rose as much, to Rs 11,967.19 crore (Rs 5,712.81 crore).
The company's UK subsidiary, Jaguar Land Rover, made a net profit of £73 million (Rs 496 crore) for the quarter.

Tata Motors' shares were up 4.72 per cent at Rs 742.90 on Thursday on the BSE.

In fact, the turnaround of JLR coupled with substantial volume growth in the domestic market helped Tata Motors report a consolidated net profit of Rs 2,571 crore for 2009-10 compared with the Rs 2,505-crore net loss posted in the previous year.
The consolidated net profit was boosted by the one-time gain of Rs 1,100 crore from the 20 per cent stake sale in the construction equipment firm Telcon.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Via: Bharti starts fund-raiser to buy Zain's African assets - India Business - Biz - The Times of India "Further to our announcement dated March 30, 2010 regarding the proposed...
Airtel Press Release: Bharti Airtel enters into a strategic partnership with Novatium to help expand the broadband market Launches Net PC Plus on Airtel broadband for customers in Chennai -...
Former VP Engineering at both Yahoo and Inktomi, and director of search @ twitter, Dough Cook has left twitter. Twitter has confirmed the departure of Dough Cook. The apparent reason...
"There are many creative and brilliant Ceans out here and I am happy we have them." Many other Ceans who turn to CE look for projects, before going any further,...
Hi! I am Atin Mehra pursuing electrical nd electronics engg from delhi.I want to pursue my career in core electrical field only.I have discussed it with some people from Industry...