Tata Docomo Wired Broadband (FTTH) Speed / Service Review?

I might be late to the party, but just stumbled upon the following wired broadband (FTTH, I guess) plans being offered by Tata Docomo folks. Compared to what we pay for the BSNL FTTH service, I think Tata Docomo's plans look awesome! Check -

Tata-Docomo-Wired-Broadband

We currently get about 125GB of downloads for ~Rs. 6.5K/month @ 16 Mbps. The service is quite nice; but unless the entire India gets Beam Telecom 😉 we'll have to keep on searching for better offers. Tata Docomo seems to be quite nice. For Rs. 3499 (with taxes, I should be ~Rs.4k/mo) they are offering 200 GB of data and uploads at 5 Mbps. At CrazyEngineers, we're heavy users of Broadband and think that this would be quite a 'plan'.

The only concern is the availability of the service and some real world reviews of that service and speed offered by Tata Docomo guys. Anyone?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Download Speed: 50 Mb/s
    Upload Speed: 5 Mb/s
    Not fibre optic !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [Prototype]
    Download Speed: 50 Mb/s
    Upload Speed: 5 Mb/s
    Not fibre optic !
    Yeah - but they could be limiting the upload speeds?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The electronic mail seems to be the problem that remains unsolved; and IBM's taking a fresh look at the problem with a new email client, called IBM Verse. Email can...
Google's just announced the availability of Google Chrome V. 39.0.2171.65 for OSX - the stable version of Chrome that adds 64-bit support. The latest version, which should have been installed...
Read an interesting story of some guy on Quora, this is all about his journey to get selected in Google The journey: Summer 2013: Started to revise the course Data...
Hi, I am presently working in IT industry having 3 years of experience. I now feel to move to some other country like US or Canada. Since i am working...
Whenever a new smartphone arrives featuring the Android KitKat v4.4 OS, we start gorging on its specs with the expectation to find something awe-inspiring enough to beat the competition. Sadly,...