Tangled Earphones? iCoil Might Come To Your Rescue Soon

Almost everyone gets irritated by tangled earphones. Leave them in your bag or pockets for some time and sometime later when you want to enjoy some music you find them in a tangled mess which takes a few minutes to sort out. Yes, you may say wireless is the answer but spending extra bucks on the battery on the wireless device and finding it running out of juice is equally irritating. Several retractable headphones or earphones like Amazon.com are available for you to buy, but the trouble is audiophiles are not satisfied with their quality. So keeping this daily struggle in mind, Colin Kent of San Mateo, CA has devised a small circular plastic accessory called as iCoil that can accommodate your existing earphones inside it and be extended and retracted upon use.

iCoil

The iCoil also comes with a clip to be attached to your clothes. The design fits most earphones and will be available in four colours. The project has been listed on #-Link-Snipped-# from June 8 and has exceeded the goal of 7,500 US dollars and gained 11,922 USD by the help of 836 backers. The funding will be going on for the next 23 days and early backers shall get theirs delivered at concessional rates by August 2013. In the mean time however check out the short video below showing the iCoil at work.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Once i taught of removing wires from my retracted mouse and use headset in that. these guys gone beyond that.
    [​IMG]
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    This would definitely be a life saver for someone who's always on the prowl. Wish they'd make such 'clips' for mobile phone and laptop chargers as well. My backpack definitely needs a few!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

He guys I need a little help here Can any one help in finding out the pin configuration of Intel core 2 duo processor or dual core processor
I don't seem to be able to find a like button. What is wrong? Is it visible only to regular posters?
plz, give links to find good study materials!!!
Say hello to Google's Project Loon - a project that aims to provide Internet all over the world via a ring of balloons floating in the sky, about 20 kilometers...
I am very fond Escher's works, many featuring impossible physics. Rochester Institute of technology has constructed an Escherian stairwell that defies comprehension. Can CEans (civil or uncivil) come up with...