CrazyEngineers
  • rpkash
    rpkash

MemberJul 8, 2007

Talk To Me About SAP-ABAP

Hi CEANs,
    I am a ABAP techie guy and i invite any queries related to ABAP language of SAP. Please feel free to ask me your queries, i'll try to help.
    Regards,
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Elisa

MemberJul 9, 2007

I always wanted to know about ERP & SAP. What is it about?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • rpkash

MemberJul 9, 2007

Elisa
    I always wanted to know about ERP & SAP. What is it about?
    Hi Elisa 😀,

Well ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. Now a days there are thousands of companies registered everyday and over millions of them are making huge markets for themselves. Now when a company is small, the processes associated with them are less and so is its client data and resources. As the company grows, it has to adhere to thousands of processes and involve thousands of resources and then keep track of its million clients.

So the planning and sustaining the big companies would involve a lot of MBAs and a lot of information. Now ERP is something which would help such huge and growing companies maintain its client information, plan its growth and retrieve an accurate information about any process involved.

From CRM(Customer Relation Management) to SCM(Supply chain management), from HCM(Human Resource Management) to FiCo(Finance and controlling), everything comes under ERP 😁.

Now about SAP. SAP is a company which leads the maket of ERP products along with many others like Oracle, Peoplesoft(now part of Oracle), IBM, Microsoft etc.

SAP stands for System Application and Products in data processing. Set up in 1972 by a team of 5 developers from IBM, its the biggest supplier of ERP products.

ABAP is a propriotory language of SAP to develop ERP products.

😁,
    Hope i am able to clear your doubt, Elisa ;-).
    Regards,
    , Ravi.
    Cancel
  • crook

MemberJul 9, 2007

Thanks for the information, Ravi 😁! You should write an article for CE downloads
    Cancel
  • rpkash

MemberJul 10, 2007

crook
    Thanks for the information, Ravi 😁! You should write an article for CE downloads
    As you say Crook 😀. I'll try to come out with an article and put it in the download section for my friends @ CE. 😁.
    Regards,
    Ravi .
    Cancel
  • PrabhaGopinath

MemberApr 13, 2008

Hi,

Can you explain me how to insert a logo in Classical Report?

Prabha
    Cancel
  • aakash.unlimited

MemberAug 21, 2011

ABAP certification(along with the e-learning course) cost's upto 2 lakh rs(delphi institute pune), my questions is : after investing this big amount, what Can I expect in return. Is this worth the amount?
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register