'Talk Less'- Will bring success in life?

"Talk less work more", Its one of the most familiar proverb.
Sarathbabu Elumalai is Indian EntrepreneurEntrepreneurEntrepreneur
In an interview, he quoted in an interview that "he spoke only 10 words per day".
Will it really bring success?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    the phrase is actually incomplete. "less talk" alone does not guarantee success.

in order to get successful you need to follow the rule "less talk, more action"
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, I've found out that if we do not announce our 'plans' to the world - there are high chances of we getting them done. So less talk usually gets the things done.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, I've found out that if we do not announce our 'plans' to the world - there are high chances of we getting them done. So less talk usually gets the things done.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    zaveri
    the phrase is actually incomplete. "less talk" alone does not guarantee success.

in order to get successful you need to follow the rule "less talk, more action"
    But the person who keeps on talking, wont get success. (politicians) !
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    If I consider that as true, may be just for a second, immediately first thing that strike my mind is why the hell the advertising business is getting so popular? They just talk and talk and talk, may be some times before the action has started, right?

Per me, "Talk less, more action" is one of the successful method of getting the work done; I can count numerous examples that says "You need to make your action count"; "If somebody is acting as deaf you need to be louder"

So, per me Talk Less, more action is not sufficient at All the time; you need to evaluate the situation before applying this mantra.

-CB
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I once saw a video clip that showed a puny martial art chap throwing a hulk of a fellow over his head. Later in the clip the hulk comes back after martial art training and virtually puts the other chap in orbit.
    The accent should be on work more. No problem if you talk more and work even more.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    The point is, Don't stop with the talking alone. You can talk, no one is stopping you. But you should follow up your talk with action, and try and achieve whatever you talked about. Then you can talk more, and work on that more. It really depends on personal preference. Some people lose motivation if their plan is shared with someone else. Some others actually gain a lot of inspiration by announcing their plans to the whole world..
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    silverscorpion
    T But you should follow up your talk with action, and try and achieve whatever you talked about.
    I agree. Sort of 'Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is' kind of thing.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    aarthivg
    But the person who keeps on talking, wont get success. (politicians) !
    that is what i said too in the first place.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi crazy engineers ! I'm working on a code that implements frequency hopping using ns2..i need to add a part of code to the file aodv.cc..how do i make the...
does ney one over here knw abt a iron rod oscillating like the needel of a sewing machine when kept in the core of a electromanget which is hollow at...
I am giving the written test of ONGC jobs for the post of Assistant Technician(Electronics) So which topic I should Prepare and is there any pdf, syyabus or anything regarding...
hi.i am prabhakaran.doing BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING IN SRI ESHWAR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING.currently i am 3rd year