Take Activated charcoal everyday

Activated charcoal is used to treat poisonings, reduce intestinal gas lower cholesterol levels, prevent hangover, and treat bile flow problems during pregnancy.
What do you guys think about taking activated charcoal everyday?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No clue what it is. Maybe you could tell us more?
  • redwhitechem
    redwhitechem
    I ask, i have Bloating and intestinal gas problem, so i wanna know that should i take activated charcoal everyday? and recommended dosage for that..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Definitely not a technical discussion. Moving to cafe. Perhaps asking doctor instead of engineer would be a better option 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Activated charcoal has been hyped a lot. It is just carbon with a huge internal surface area, which can adsorb many times its apparent volume of certain chemicals. Its amin use is in removing some kind of ingested poisons. Many poisons are not removed by activated charcoal. Enzyme tablets like Unienzyme contain activated charcoal. Its claimed use for controlling gas has proved unverifiable.
    I am underweight and was prescribed unienzyme, which I have been taking for years now, unfortunately with no effect.
    Here is some info from Mayo Clinic: (very limited use)
    Charcoal, Activated (Oral Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic

I will give one instance of personal experience working with this, though 65 years back. My grandfather was an inveterate experimentalist. I was his 12 year old assistant. He decided make some special tooth powder. Rice husk has more than 40% silica. By controlled combustion he got fine silica powder from rice husk (from his farm). He added activated charcoal powder, clove oil and menthol. I was the guineapig to try it first. It was great in fact. He bottled it. The next day it was again my turn to use it.
    It was totally flat No clove smell, no menthol either.
    We found that the activated charcoal had completely adsorbed the two essential oils leaving no trace behind.

It seems unlikely to remove alcohol or fats.
  • redwhitechem
    redwhitechem
    Thanx for the reply

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Guys, Good Afternoon I m New in these forum.
Water is one of the most important ingredients that supports life on Earth. India, with over 1.3 billion population and still counting more, could soon face the shortage of drinking...
Hey everyone! This is my first post here so take it easy on me! Before I get into the circuit I'll give a little backstory here. I'm a business student...
The all new LG X screen LGK500Y is here to amaze you with the finest craftsmanship paired with a second screen technology that segregates notifications beeping from the primary section....