T20 World Cup: India get easy draw

Defending champions India have been placed in an easy group A -- alongside Bangladesh and Zimbabwe -- for the 2009 ICC Twenty20 World Championships in England.

Since not enough matches have been played in the shortest format of the game to allow viable official rankings, the Board decided to group teams on the basis of their finishing positions in the inaugural edition of the championship this year.

ODI world champions Australia have been placed in group C along with Sri Lanka and West Indies.

Groups:
Group A: India, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe
Group B: Pakistan, England, Associate 1
Group C: Australia, Sri Lanka, West Indies
Group D: New Zealand, South Africa, Associate 2.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Cool!! So india has a very easy draw.
    But remember 2007 WC , again we have Bangladesh with us ..!!
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    we should be aware of Bangladesh,but atleats we are sure of one win!!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Because of IPL indian Cricketer are now very good experienced in T20.

Hop this time India Again got Champs Title
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    A real easy draw for India.. 😀

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am IIIrd year electronics and communication engineering student and i want to work on following project and i need your help........ Now a days trains have offline signaling. The...
Continued Below is a pic of the tube connection and powered up. Next was to mount the Inverter. Since the BenQ one was of low profile type, the sharp one...
From waste to transport fuel, a two-day event to be held in Loughborough London, 11 May 2009 – Cenex, the UK’s Centre of Excellence in Low Carbon and Fuel Cell...
Front picture A close up Notice the front screws, well the TV was used in a place without AC, and it is pretty hot here in Maldives. So the plastic...
Dear All I'm from Kuala Lumpur and working with National Oil Company. I'm been train in Mechanical Engineering. Currently involve more with procurement for offshore project requirement. Hopefully can share...