System Slows Down When Connected To Charger

Hi,

I purchased Acer Aspire S7-392 five months ago. It was working fine until 3 weeks ago. I am facing a weird problem as now I haven't heard such case although.

When I connect my laptop to the battery charger my laptop becomes so slow and browsers are very very slow and if I remove the charger its as usual very fast. Actually my laptop is pretty fast but when I connect to charger its dam slow.

And my laptop boots up in 3 seconds normally and if I connect to charger it takes 12 seconds long to start. Does any one heard of such problem or faced this case?

Can there be a problem in the battery charger, if so how can it slow the system?
Any solutions or ideas?

Thanks,

Karthik

Replies

• Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Here you go!Capture
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Did you get proper response on Max performance mode? If yes then. It's fine.
    You just need to tweak Balance mode.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm, strange issue. Typically system slow-downs are associated with processes that engage CPU. I think power settings is the right place to look. Did you try tweaking the settings "Moderate Power Savings" to something else - preferably, 'Least Power savings' or something similar (I don't have access to Windows machine as of now, so can't give you correct options). But give it a try and let us know what happens.
    Anoop Kumar
    Did you get proper response on Max performance mode? If yes then. It's fine.
    You just need to tweak Balance mode.
    Yeah I got a proper response on Max Performance Mode! Its working well on that mode just checked it!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Then it's your power setting problem. Unplug the power and see which power setting your machine using.
    Copy this setting to your plugged-mode😀.
    Anoop Kumar
    Then it's your power setting problem. Unplug the power and see which power setting your machine using.
    Copy this setting to your plugged-mode😀.
    Okay thanks!
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# : Now I am running high performance when when I plug in the charger and even when its Unplugged.

But I did an experiment. When I am unplugged the charger and keep in Balance mode and work or mainly use chrome or internet part it works decent but when I plug the charger it is very slow and internet and chrome is very very slow.

I mean I am managing running with High performance, but want to know if there is some hardware. As the balanced slows the system but when I plug in the charger its extremely slow compared to running my system on balanced mode when its unplugged.

What do you people think might be the reason?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Here you go!Capture
    Try changing options for Plugged-in mode related to processor and internet thing. May be you can debug what was causing the issue.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In a joint research work done by University of Surrey, University of Southampton and University of Cambridge, it has come to the light that our scientist might be able to...
@Gollapinni Karthik Sharma - Wishing you a sparkling Happy Birthday.🎉
If you are curious about the research in the field of electric cars, here's something to truly dazzle your brain. A team of researchers from Queensland University of Technology (QUT)...
Cracku is a mobile test preparation platform developed by a group of IIT-IIM alumni looking to revolutionize the way students prepare for MBA entrance exams. With an aim to give...
A nasty campaign has been circulating on WhatsApp. It says that since 'Whatsapp' is not 'Indian', people should abandon it and use 'Telegram' which is 'Indian'. I ignored the message...