system restore

Hey I recently did a system restore on my windows xp pc. Now I can't open many of my files...mainly my WINRAR files. it displays the foll message :
Cannot open abc.rar
urgent please help asap

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    check whether software named winrar is installed in your computer or not....
    if it does not install it i hope your problem will be solved
  • KayD
    KayD
    Also I had a few wierd named folders in my E: appearing automatically ...something like the foll:
    8612c12587a7033082a66f00c1d90a
    These folders have not disappeared even after I performed a system restore.
    I can't delete them either. Any attempt to delete them yields the foll message:
    Cannot delete eula.txt:Access denied
    Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.
    I have the "Do not show hidden files and folders" in the tools menu ACTIVATED. What folders are these? Please help...
  • KayD
    KayD
    winrar is installed
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    KayD
    Also I had a few wierd named folders in my E: appearing automatically ...something like the foll:
    Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.
    I have the "Do not show hidden files and folders" in the tools menu ACTIVATED. What folders are these? Please help...

From what I understand these are remnants of a windows update..you shouldn't delete them lest something goes wrong
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    KayD
    It seems like any system kind of folder. You just keep that files as it is. Don't mess up with that folder. It may result in your loss of data or can say files or programs may corrupted.
    I'll tell you what are these files and what can be done for that. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Entrepreneurship Cell IIT Kharagpur in its quest for promoting entrepreneurship across the country is launching its path breaking initiative: 10 days 10 cities Entrepreneurship Awareness Drive. E-Cell is a student...
The Economist’s Innovation Award for Energy and the Environment given to inventor of the point-contact solar cell, for pushing the boundaries in photovoltaic technologyCore Facts Come and meet the president...
please help me i need c/c++/matlab code for PIN BUSHED FLEXIBLE COUPLING PLEASE I NEED TO SUBMIT IT REAL SOON SO IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE ME THE CODE OR ANY...
What are nano sensors ? What is the cost of it? How efficient is it when compared to other sensors?
do you think it is necessary to teach c/c++ to a mechanical engineer...... it's quite boring to learn them...and the programs which are given to us are also too much...