Symbian belle vs Android 2.3

Hi, guys I wanted to buy a mid range mobile, and my budget is Rs 12k.

But I am confused in between Nokia 603 and Samsung Android Mobiles. Which one is better? As I want a smart phone with good Hardware, with long battery back up.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Choosing between Symbian Belle and Android 2.3 is a rift often experienced by potential buyers. From what I've read and heard I see that Symbian platform sadly, hasn't quite made an impact on the users.

But, one of my friends who has used both said -

1. Apps are easier to find for Symbian than Android.
    2. Nokia maps sometimes weight higher than Google maps as per local coverage is concerned.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Androids are famous for being the battery suckers. I'm not sure about Nokia though. I've heard good things about Microsoft's operating system. You'll first have to decide your primary usage of the phones. If you're planning to install lots of apps; then Android could be your top priority as the Google Play Store is full of interesting free and paid apps. Windows marketplace, I think is evolving. Samsung Galaxy range of phones have decent hardware, but if battery backup is your top priority - android may not be a good choice. Again, that depends on whether you're okay with a phone that needs charging every night.

I personally preferred Samsung Bada powered phones (not an app freak). They offered cool interface and 5 days of battery backup for at least 1.2 years. The price range could go a bit high though.

My bad! I thought Nokia's got Microsoft OS 😔 .
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Thats why I am totally confused. I want to buy a good mobile that work better. Because in today's scenario mobile are not just meant for making and receiving calls.
  • maulik Dave
    maulik Dave
    hello kishan gupta,

i have faced same problem n i hv used both phone first samsung android galaxy fit but i tired in 2-3 days really android phones very bad in bettery backup and in many matter
    now i purchased noki 603 it is really a good phone very nice and have all functinality tht android o.s have
    i personally prefer you to buy nokia 603 it is really a good phone
    i have faced same problem like you that's y m giving u this advice
    hope it can help u..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    maulik Dave
    hello kishan gupta,

i have faced same problem n i hv used both phone first samsung android galaxy fit but i tired in 2-3 days really android phones very bad in bettery backup and in many matter
    now i purchased noki 603 it is really a good phone very nice and have all functinality tht android o.s have
    hope it can help u..
    Good to read your review. Did you face any problems while using Nokia 603?
  • maulik Dave
    maulik Dave
    no still not
    it is very good phone and working very fine....
    and very happy with its battey backup...
    very nice pone.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    maulik Dave
    hello kishan gupta,

hope it can help u..
    Hi Maulik, thanks for your reply. Can you let me know how many days backup you are getting you now on general use. And how is the music quality of this phone. As I am using listening music also too much.

I also searched in market. All good android phones have maximum backup of 1 day. In case if you use them more then average then will discharge within hours. 😔
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Hi Guys, just stumbled upon this thread. I've a Nokia 603 and just got a recent update to it with Belle Featured Pack 2. The Nokia 603 hardware and battery backup is promising, and the music player quality and options have also improved with the new update.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    What about windows OS phones, with windows phones you will have better ecosystem?

At your budget of 12K you can find a decent windows OS phone or even Lumia 800 second hand.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name : Aravindraj Engineering Trade : Electrical and Electronics Location : Chennai Occupation : Student from S.A.engineering college Hobbies & Interests : I'm a kabaadi player have participated in more...
So, I heard about this keyboard called 'Siine'. They call it the first icon-based keyboard that you can edit and personalize. It gives us a clock in the keyboard, lets...
Lag in input on touch-screen devices is something that all of us have experienced. This lag is of about 100ms, but it is less visible on smartphones and felt more...
As i have said already i'm doing energy audit in a commercial building. Is any techniques are there to conserve energy on UPS and in Air conditioners ???
I just stumbled upon the following post on Mashable about the Tumblr's New York office photographs. Take a look and be jealous: https://mashable.com/2012/03/13/tumblr-hq-tour/#52139Tumblr-HQ