Swype Technology: What is it?

I keep getting gobbledygook when I Swype. What’s up with that?

Be sure to keep your finger pressed to the surface of your device through the letters of a complete word.
How do I enter a word with a double letters?

To enter a double letter within a word, squiggle or make a loop on that letter. For instance to Swype “hello”, when you get to the “L” key squiggle horizontally on that key.
How do I add a new word to the Swype dictionary?

You can teach Swype any new word by simply tapping it in letter by letter. For instance, you can add the last name “Kushler” by tapping in Kushler, then pressing the space key. Once you've added the name, you can Swype a path through the keys associated with it’s characters on the main Swype keyboard. To remove a word from the dictionary, highlight ONLY the word that you want to delete, and then tap the Swype key.
How do I capitalize a word?

To capitalize a word, start on the first letter of the word and glide your finger above the top of the Swype keyboard window, watch for the keyboard to shift, then glide your finger back down into the keyboard to the next letter.
How long will it take to learn Swype?

The keyboard layout is QWERTY, so there is virtually no learning curve if you’ve already learned to type on a regular keyboard. Just keep your finger down!
What does the Swype Key do?

Tap-Hold on the Swype key gives you Tips; Tap gives you Swype functions. Once you tap the Swype key, the word containing (or next to) the cursor is highlighted and a Word Choice window appears that shows the alternate word choices from when the word was entered. You can select the intended word, or begin Swyping a new entry to replace the word.
When is Swype going to be available for my phone?

The Samsung Omnia II launched in November—more phones coming soon!

[video=youtube;SJ-RAefCG_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-RAefCG_c[/video]

Replies

• Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Nice piece of information AKD.....
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Why isn't Swype an open source app?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, Can anyone explain me about information fragmentation??
Hello This is the first time I am using this forum and I have taken due care to select appropriate category but even if I have selected wrong category, please...
CEans, We've integrated Google Custom Search with CrazyEngineers Forum. The custom search will search both CE Portal & CE Forums. The best part is that you don't have to leave...
Official Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...-custom-search-integrated-crazyengineers.html Your questions, comments, feedback in this thread 😀
hi m looking for free download links for Ansys & hypermesh. and some advance training modules.