Switching Software Testing To Embedded Testing

Hi I am ECE engineer, currently working with MNC as softwre testing domain(happy for it 👍). I have 1 year experience in embedded development as well..
I just wwanted to ask about embedded testing career ? (I still want to be in embedded if possible).. and if yes than I have to change my fields or get some extra skill for it ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let's tag #-Link-Snipped-# because he can tell you better. Unless you're doing white box testing where you are expected to know the underlying code, technology et al I think you should be able to switch without needing any special skills (my guess).
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    If you are in software testing right now and you want to try in embedded domain then I think there is also two part in embedded as there is hardware as well as firmware so in case you want to go for firmware testing then your earlier experience may count. But for the hardware testing it is totally different then what you are doing right now for that you need to know about all basic electronics and about the application as well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Most homegrown brands are facing a tough time with Chinese brands like Xiaomi and Lenovo sweeping the entire market with their heavily loaded Android smartphones offered at extremely cheap prices....
phpStorm is my favorite IDE on Mac OSX. I was trying to port color settings from TextMate using the TextMate Bundles importer and in the process totally messed up my...
Hi I joined as a associate software programer in a product based company they are providing training on visual webicefaces framework can anybody tell me where can i find tutorials...
After repeated failed attempts of making waves in the Indian economical bike segment, Yamaha Motor Company in India is back again with a new 125cc segment bike named 'Yamaha Saluto'...
With every satellite launch, we see an increase in debris orbiting around the earth. It’s not just debris from the satellite launches but also defunct satellites, 500,000 of them are...