Switching from Java Development to Automation Testing ?

One of my collegue have a working experience of 3 years in java. Currently i am working on Java with Struts, JSP, Servlets. Prior experience of Android as well. Now, i want to switch to Selenium. I have some questions :

1.) Can i get good package, and how much hike can i get.
2.) Are top companies following Selenium and which companies are adopting selenium and what prior experience is required ?
3.) What is the Growth of Selenium in the future ?

Any suggestions are accepted.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Learn selenium and TDD . This is hot cake in current service based market.
  • RajanV
    RajanV
    But with 3 yrs of experience can i get good package . Also Please answer other questions too.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Package solely depends on your expertise with Java. If you are very well experienced in java and can design framework for selenium I think getting good package will not be a problem.

Selenium is the current market leader for webbased application testing. this should answer two questions.

Prior experience- install it and learn it you will be able to learn it easily as its java based.
  • nandigama j k manikanta.
    nandigama j k manikanta.
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Package solely depends on your expertise with Java. If you are very well experienced in java and can design framework for selenium I think getting good package will not be a problem.

Selenium is the current market leader for webbased application testing. this should answer two questions.

Prior experience- install it and learn it you will be able to learn it easily as its java based.
  • RajanV
    RajanV
    Thanks all for replying. But one more query in last, are there any onsite opportunities too in future for Selenium Testers?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Congratulations buddy, @Aditya Deshmukh. My Infosys interview experience was too somewhat similar. I had mentioned about CE in my resume and my interviewer was already thorough with it when I...
I am in 2nd year of my Btech IT from IPU. Can you suggest me best books which covers most of the subjects/topics in this IT and books which are...
hai frnds.i need a small help am dng zigbee based proj so pls help me on that.
If you have been closely following the growth of Notion Ink tablets, you probably remember that the sales of Notion Ink Adam (launched in 2010) never took off and its...
hi, i wish to take this topic 4 my seminar.But unable to get the ieee paper......can anyone send me the paper ..........plzzzzzzzzzzzz