Switching from iOS development to testing (QA)

Dear Sir,
I am currently working in MNC as IOS app developer. I have overall 2 year 8 month IT experience. In IOS App dev I have around 2 years of experience. and I worked for 3 ios apps. Since all ios apps project are very short term projects ( 3 to 8 months) I got very less opportunity for coding. Now Company is expecting a lot from me and I cannot reach their expectation. More over I am really fed up of this development and want to move to testing. I currently asked roll off from my project and wants to take up testing roles. How can I proceed further on this. Since I dont have testing skill will it impact my career ?

Please suggest me Sir. Thank you in advance 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Amruta111
    Now Company is expecting a lot from me and I cannot reach their expectation.
    If that is the problem, your first step should be to talk to the concerned authorities in your organization - be it your immediate team leader, project manager or delivery partner. Explain them your current situation and find out a way out.

Amruta111
    More over I am really fed up of this development and want to move to testing
    Any career stream should be picked up by choice and not by some external force. Switching to testing because you are fed up of development ain't the right approach. If that's actually the case, I'd ask you to take a leave from work for a few days and spend time figuring out how your career should look like. Then decide the most appropriate path.

Amruta111
    I currently asked roll off from my project and wants to take up testing roles. How can I proceed further on this. Since I dont have testing skill will it impact my career ?
    If your company wants you to switch to testing, you should ask them for some training. MNCs typically have training programs in place for employees and that should give you a good start.

I'd recommend reading online articles and blogs dedicated to software testing and you should be able to get lot of beginner knowledge just by reading. It shouldn't be very difficult for any experienced programmer to understand the basics of testing. Start with manual testing and then slowly move over to automation. However, in your current situation; you should speak with your bosses and ask for some time.

If you face any issues in learning or understanding concepts of testing; you can always rely on CrazyEngineers for help. We have experts in QA on CE. Does that answer your question?
  • Amruta111
    Amruta111
    Thank you Sir.

As per your suggestion I spoke to my Project manager and I may get roll off from current project, once he gets the replacement.

I should continue in the same project till my manger gives roll off to me.

Once I get roll off, I will plan for leave for some days and think and decide what to do next .

Thank you so much for your advice 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Even with the medical advances of today, the age-old process of blood tests requires the patient to go to the pathology lab, give the blood sample and wait for about...
For all the Carl Sagan fans out there, this is a must-see video - ​ “Consider again the pale blue dot we’ve been talking about. Imagine that you take a...
Project Abstract / Summary : A new robotic tool could help rescue workers locate victims of disasters and other emergencies before venturing into collapsed buildings or other potentially dangerous places.All...
Project Abstract / Summary : Title: Human Detection Robot Abstract: Human detection robot is not a new technology. Many types of human detection robots were designed depending on the application....
For quite some time now, the rumors about the specifications of Canon’s next DSLR camera have been floating around. It was expected that Canon will launch its next SLR in...