Swimming Pool Concept uses Plants instead of Chlorine.

I came across this in a G+ post:

The way a conventional backyard swimming pool works is that you use toxic chemicals to kill any living thing in the water, essentially creating a liquid dead zone.

An Austrian company called Biotop Natural Pool uses plants to keep pool water safe. Instead of killing all life, the Biotop system creates an ecosystem where the pool is teeming with life. Pool designs have separate swimming and plant-growing areas of equal size. The plants eat the algae, which would otherwise take over.

Video: #-Link-Snipped-#
Official website link: #-Link-Snipped-#

How Safe / Unsafe is this concept?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, I am stuck with a SQL query .Need few directions. I have a query that returns rows in the form below A B C 18184 asas 1 18184...
Astronomers using Chandra data have seen the giant black hole at the center of the Milky Way devouring asteroids, which may explain the frequent flares observed. Image Credit: https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/chandra/news/H-12-049.html
hi guys, i finshed my B.E in 2011 with a year back. But my aggregate is low (54%). i want to make up for it by doing m.tech in a...
Android's top-rated virtual assistant has arrived on iOS. Speaktoit, which has had 1.4 million downloads Droid downloads and a 4.5 out of 5 rating, is now available on iOS. It...
The eligibility criteria for GATE 2012 is as follows. I'm not sure whether the criteria will change in 2013 and there seems to be no official information available about it....