Swedish Minimalistic Bicycle 'Spiran'. Whatay Beauty!

Sweden-based agency People People has designed a stylishly minimalistic bicycle 'Spiran' that carries the nostalgia of old messenger bikes. Built on the popular Kronan %28Bicycle%29model, the bicycle features a lightweight frame on slim racing tires that's added to offer maximum speed and agility.

spiran

An integrated bike lock in the front basket folds out to keep the bike safe around a fence or a post, thus refuting the need for the conventional bike lock. The chain gets replaced by a carbon fiber belt that needs no maintenance or lubrication (that's like eliminating a serious headache for bike-riders!). Also, the carbon fiber ensures reduced noise, thereby offering a quieter ride.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Lovely looking. What would happen in the slushy roads of Bangalore?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Cool ride and even cooler idea for keeping it safe. Looks like they stripped it to the extremes so that only the utter basics are left.
    All hail minimal! πŸ˜€
  • lal
    lal
    A.V.Ramani
    Lovely looking. What would happen in the slushy roads of Bangalore?
    Simply replacing the existing thinner tyres with a thicker one would do it. Wouldn't it? The belt should prove to be advantageous I guess. No more mud or sand in the greasy chain. Easy maintanence and cleaning achieved there.

I would like to have the basket removed though. Would like my handle bars feel not heavy by any means. No rider would like his handles feel not free, no matter what.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Don't tell me Jonathan Ive designed it. πŸ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I am glad, they have left two wheels (with tyres), pedals, and what ever little we can see πŸ˜›
    Just counting the number of spokes. Have they removed some of them too?πŸ˜‰
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Hmm... this is a nice design. The innovative locking concept and the carbon fibre belt they have incorporated are really impressive.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Praising this design 😲.
    Look like you guys never visited village in India to see cycle of grandfather days. They are still working and you will be lucky if you can find mudguard and paddles 😁, their seat is also minimalistπŸ˜›.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    whatabicycle
    and how is this bicycle ? Good exercise, isn't it ? πŸ˜‰
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Abhishek Rawal
    whatabicycle
    Whoa!
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Abhishek Rawal
    whatabicycle
    Wow! This is similar to rowing. It gives a thorough workout - the legs, the shoulders, the arms and the abdomen.
    Cool one bro. 😎
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    It is tough to balance though. You'll need to apply equal force on both arms else you'll fall, which is quite physically tough & requires practice.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Abhishek Rawal
    whatabicycle

Gud One! But Tough . How to apply brake?? Cant see any brake paddles
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Abhishek Rawal
    whatabicycle
    We want to pedal it against gravity and it would be a pain for long ride.
    I would go for normal design and pumping blood to knees and thigh would be difficult heart .
    Correct me if i am wrong .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Volkwagen, the European car manufacturer, has launched the all new Jetta in India with a bag full of new features. The New Volkswagen Jetta is available in two engine options...
Google has launched its new smartphone the Nexus 5 worldwide and we now have the official tech specs and features list along with the price in India details. With the...
Hurricane Sandy rendered many people powerless. In order to prepare people for the next power crisis, a Brooklyn-based designer Chris Hackett is teaching you to build your own homemade generator,...
hello! am try to install Linux mint Olivia 15 cinoman 64 bit in my pc,I want to have two os in my pc, Linux and window ,,, I have already...
A new kind of Internet that are not dependent upon servers or URLs for browsing and sharing content is possible, according to computer researchers from University of Cambridge. They seem...