Sustainable development in all spheres

My teacher was telling sustainable development is development Where I get to enjoy the privileges my parents did in addition to the comfort of the current day technology

Is this definition holds good What is your take about This

What exactly is Sustainable development

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    sustainable development is the one in which development occurs without affecting the present generation and work for the better future.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Sustainable development means the ability of the current generation to meet its demands of resources without compromising with the ability of future generation to meet its own needs. If you know that you have 1000₹ for one week, you will manage your daily expense accordingly so that you dont have to starve on 6th and 7th day. This is sustainable development.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Do you think it is possible for our future generation?
    In short are we ourself devloping in all spheres of life in a sustained manner?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    Do you think it is possible for our future generation?
    In short are we ourself devloping in all spheres of life in a sustained manner?

That is the whole point of studying Environmental Studies in schools and colleges. To create awareness among the growing generations about all this stuff.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    That is the whole point of studying Environmental Studies in schools and colleges. To create awareness among the growing generations about all this stuff.
    Are you sure is it happening today in the classes

And BTB what way is Sustainable development can be taught in class rooms
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    Are you sure is it happening today in the classes

And BTB what way is Sustainable development can be taught in class rooms

Dude those are compulsory subjects in school and even colleges now. If you want to pass you have to give EVS exams. And yes, they use already designed textbooks to teach. And it is quite effective.
    Nayan is right but do you think students really study Environmental Studies for understanding depth in nature or they just read once the night before the exam and vomit on the papers the next morning.Do EVS subjects taken seriously by students.
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    😕
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    EVS I did not even bother to get a book for the subject?

Personally never took it that serious man That was why and the syllabi of those subject never fascinated me
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    Nayan is right but do you think students really study Environmental Studies for understanding depth in nature or they just read once the night before the exam and vomit on the papers the next morning.Do EVS subjects taken seriously by students.
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    😕

Well, I think you overshot the font size. Anyways, EVS taught in school actually puts in their brains. And in college, it is a big pain in the ass. But till then, everyone is quite clear in the concepts. So no worries. EVS subject is perfectly doing its job
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    Well, I think you overshot the font size. Anyways, EVS taught in school actually puts in their brains. And in college, it is a big pain in the ass. But till then, everyone is quite clear in the concepts. So no worries. EVS subject is perfectly doing its job
    It is doing a job of getiing as the credits we need

Well the SIGHT foundation concentrates more on action than on awareness There is a lot that an engineer can do to the society by filling his own pocket as he desires

But WHy is he not doing so?
    Yes reading in the book is different from acting in a real life.Do you want to say that we need practical knowledge.

My view:I want EVS as a practicals in exams and we need to go to nearby nature places and have a experience of loving nature.
    😲
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Telling that we are having pollution and shit is purely useless But doing a 6 month case study on one topic and submitting it as a report for the semester I am sure we can call that purely genius

Without hands on experience no one can be an expert

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Multi Modal locomotion is the ability of one to move in multiple modes much similar to how a human can walk or swim. EPFL has come up with a robotic...
Well the new improvement here is really pleasant makes the whole art of reading the subtitles more interesting for newbs Well here are a few pics of the newer wiki...
I have come around a number of companies with different principles and work models. Some of them are obsessed more towards customers and some towards employees. Some arguments that they...
Well syringes deliver the medicine directly into the blood stream that was the first revolution in the field of medicine But The ill effect is that healthy cells where mistook...
Hardkernel has introduced an octa-core board which is one of a kind in the market with four high and low power cores. The chip consists of Cortex A-15 cores which...