Surat (India) to start using GPS

Although very (very) late, but Surat is all set to become the first city in India to use GPS.

The GPS will be used to accurately collect and locate physical assets, especially underground assets. The "ACCCRN" is leading this initiative in association with Google.

Looks like Indian innovators need to work harder.

What's your take?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    I thought INDIA was already using GPS for underground purposes. Anyways, will the system be implemented in transport vehicles? that would be helpful.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wordpress 2.8.5 Hardnering release is now available for download from WordPress › Blog Tool and Publishing Platform Important features - A fix for the Trackback Denial-of-Service attack that is currently...
Recommended Books for my Subjects Hi CEans, these are my subjects for next semester Microprocessors Theory of Computations Electromagnetics Energy Conversion Material Science Engineering Economy Engineering Probability and Statistics please...
loves freebies PANDA Internet Security 2010 W7 Launch Party IObit Security 360™ PRO License Free
I'm planning to do projects regarding conversion of circular motion to linear motion. If i have to generate electricity from it what would you suggest.
I'm willing to do a project for vehicle tracking using GPS & GSM Modem via a Microcontroller. I'm still gathering information about that and the problem is On what basics...